volzalum    280

I just finished installing my HID Tower Lights.

I went with two Flood Light Beams on the tower beside the speakers facing rear and two Spot Light Beams on the front tower arms mounted low facing forward.

The rear facing are just wired with an on/off switch. The front facing are wired with a momentary on/off/on switch so I can push the switch similarly to a hand held spot.

These are very bright HID lights.

Lights:

http://www.trailtech.net/4251-SX.html

Legs:

http://www.trailtech.net/040-HID-06.html

Mounts:

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/produ...=298&page=1

Center screw to mate leg to mount (1/2 inch length):

http://www.boltdepot.com/product.aspx?cc=1...m=6&cd=1281

A few Pictures:

post-555-1270329721_thumb.jpg post-555-1270329731_thumb.jpg post-555-1270329742_thumb.jpg post-555-1270329752_thumb.jpg

Edited by volzalum

WakeDoc    471

Great looking install Dax, thinking a little outside the box, very nice.

Just a heads up DIYWake,com has clamps for $25 for the first one and $23 for the second one.

1st

Clamp_1_400.JPG

2nd

Bimini%20Clamp%201.JPG

h20king    794

I have some diy products with the first clamp quality is excellent

volzalum    280

Yes, I looked at those clamps, but I wanted some that would fit without the rubber gaskets. The earmark ones are machined to the actual tube size instead of requiring the rubber gasket in a one size fits all. I agree though, if saving money the other clamps would work well too.

The HID lights are VERY bright. I will take pics as soon as I get it on the water and get the final aiming completed. I think the front glare should be reduced by the placement of the lights in front of the driver.

WakeDoc    471

What I have done in the past with clamps that are a little big is sand the flat side of the half that has the through holes to get the clamps to "clamp" to the tower without gaskets.

h20king    794

the diy clamps come in different sizes and do not need a plastic gasket to size them

volzalum    280

I tried out the lights tonight ... wow, super bright. I could easily see logs and trash on the water. I'll post pics of them and the shadowcasters later. both were superb.,

WakeDoc    471

Very cool, how did the wake look?

volzalum    280

Well, I haven't completely got everything plumbed up yet, so we were using the tsunami to fill drain, so could make adjustments. The surf wake was huge though. I'll video when I I have it all hooked up and can fine tune. All we learned on the wakeboard wake is the rear sacs are too much ballast to get on plane :-) It looks like about at the lower tier full with the front sacs all 3 full is the appropriate weight, but we ran out of daylight.

Here are some pics of the lights and switches. If the video works, you can hear the exhaust on it. This was about 2000 RPM.

post-555-1271113998_thumb.jpg post-555-1271113958_thumb.jpg post-555-1271113973_thumb.jpg post-555-1271113930_thumb.jpg post-555-1271113909_thumb.jpg ShadowCaster3.MOV

h20king    794

no dice on the video lights look great maybe post on u tube than attach

volzalum    280

YouTube Link underway.

Edited by volzalum