Sign in to follow this  
Foiler

Clear anti-slip? What can we put on the floor under the carpet?

Foiler    1

WakeDoc mentioned painting on clear anti-slip here:

http://www.centurioncrew.com/Rhino-Liner-Swim-Step-t823.html

I am interested in finding something that can be put on the floor under the snap out carpet so you don't fall when the carpet is out. I would love to have the option to take the carpet out and still use the boat if I am somewhere that dirt or mud can be tracked in.

I would love to see this anti-slip or see what any of you have come up with to cover the floor. I am thinking about finding something to stick on or paint on but I wan't it to look good. I actually thought the floor would be textured under the carpet.

WakeDoc    471

SeaDek

Foiler    1
SeaDek

Come one WakeDoc!! I know what Seadek is and it is not clear and you can't paint it on so what was the stuff you were referring to in the other post?

I actually considered doing Seadek and it would be great if I wanted to leave the carpet out but I was just thinking of something that I could put on the floor to keep it from being so slippery when the carpet is out however the carpet would be in most of the time.

WakeDoc    471

The only thing like this I have seen is what Ed suggested, Hula Deck. I don't really care for it, when it dries it is clear but, looks film-e like a shower door with light soap scum. I have rolled on clear sanded traction on sailboat decks and it dries clear, can't remember what it was though, contact someone like West Marine. I was considering doing the 3mm of SeaDek in the last boat and still be able to snap the carpet in when needed.

Foiler    1
The only thing like this I have seen is what Ed suggested, Hula Deck. I don't really care for it, when it dries it is clear but, looks film-e like a shower door with light soap scum. I have rolled on clear sanded traction on sailboat decks and it dries clear, can't remember what it was though, contact someone like West Marine. I was considering doing the 3mm of SeaDek in the last boat and still be able to snap the carpet in when needed.

Thanks WakeDoc,

I have been considering the 3mm too but I want to make sure there isn't a cheaper, easier and better product out there. It really depends on how much I am going to want the carpet out. If it is often then the Seadek is the clear cut winner but if it is rarely then something simple to create a little traction will be better.