Sign in to follow this  
h20king

docking lights

h20king    794

I installed a set of innovative lighting docking lights today this is not for the faint of heart.Tape off general location for lights inshure lights will point forward and beams wont cross if you want to use them for anything other than docking.Use provided template to mark boat use a seamstress tape to match layout on opposite side.Once you have it laid out double check that layout is mirrored then cut,you only get one chance.Attach a length of wire to port light before installing making sure it will make the trip around the front and back to the switch panel then install port light feeding wire to opening on opposite side.Pull wire through hole and make connection to starboard light it must be done like this as there is no room to wire once lights are installed.Mount starboard light finish anchoring wire around the bow run wire to switch panel and make your connections and you are done. Make sure you Solder and shrink wrap all connectionspost-777-1266876851_thumb.jpgpost-777-1266876869_thumb.jpgpost-777-1266876893_thumb.jpg

h20king    794
post-777-1266877091_thumb.jpgpost-777-1266877117_thumb.jpgpost-777-1266877138_thumb.jpg look how thick the hull is these boats are built like tanks :thumbsup::thumbsup::clapping::clapping::thumbsup:

David    0

Nice work. You have way to much time on your hands.

Seams like normally you would see lights like that a little closer to the front of the boat. Was their a method to your madness?

Edited by David

h20king    794

when you mount them close the angle of the light is wrong notice how the lens is pointed directly forward this gives you much more usable light by not crossing the beams I did them this way on my last boat and they worked great.Also the pics are deceiving the tip of the light is just under three feet back from the tip of the bow

Edited by h20king

acpilot    1

h2oking

since I am in Hawaii at this time I'll phrase it this way: You have way bigger Kahonies than me man. It would kill me to cut into my boat like that. Great mod and I'm sure they will be very useful.

Packrat    13

H20King, what did you use to cut the holes? Looks like it did a good job! I am looking at cutting holes in the back of my boat for exhaust flappers.

h20king    794

I used an air saw with a short fine blade it works great I laid out the hole than cut along the line freehand then rounded the edge of the gell with a fine grinding stone attached to a dremel.you can see the saw in the reflection in the top right pic. If you are wanting to do a hole use a hole saw just make sure to tape the area and run in reverse until well into the glass

Edited by h20king

Enzo101    0

That looks great!!! Whats next now? Luckily I have those installed on my boat because I dont think I could cut the huge holes needed to mount them. Great job love your posts :veryangry:

h20king    794

thanks enzo oil filter relocation kit is the only mod left for this year I will do a thread on it as well.Then may bee follow up with a water pump impeller change thread complete with pics and maybe go over summarization in a thread complete with pics if there is enough interest from the crew.Were you able to get hold of bullet lines for the lights???

h20king    794

got to use them last night and they worked great its hard to tell from the pic as it was taken from the side of the boat looking foreword

post-777-1278772212_thumb.jpg

smitty1258    0

off topic!

what wax are you using? that thing has a nasty shine!

h20king    794

here is a better pic from last night :surfing2: I use Maguires wax and spray detailer

post-777-1278857964_thumb.jpgpost-777-1278857988_thumb.jpg