h20king

falcon v custom ballast install

duffymahoney    10

Using stock hoses and pumps he will need to install valves or spring loaded 1 ways. Spring loaded 1 way valves are easy and work they just slow the pumps a little. I used 3/4 on the vent and the exit pump. Using a heat gun the 1 ways took only a few minutes to put in. They work perfectly. The guys at wakeoutlaws use manual valves with great success. I like the idea of a crossover, you would just need to buy more hose.

Edited by duffymahoney

elc    2

H20 - extremely nice install.

h20king    794

sorry my bad duffy is right thought he was referring to my system duffy has the cartridge system down

Oldwakedude    0
old and h.... guys.. i have read and read... i think i have a good idea of what i'm going to do when my 2 sacs show up... i have 07' avy w 3 stock ballasts... ordered 2 750's w extra top hole for the tsunami option... a friend of mine is helping with install.. he's mechanic and owns a tige... i cannot do the work... helper barely... i think we're going to just install the sac's extend lines already in place and see how long it takes to fill and dump... question #1: tell me about crossover ?? i have read this before, but i dont understand... question #2: if im not happy with the time to fill, and i want to go faster, tell me about adding the extra 2 mayfields, if i have it right, one for filling and one for draining?? not doing anything w middle ballast?? or should i?? i appreciate ya'lls input.. i know h likes the rev pumps but a little too much for my friend i'm afraid..

tks kt

SurfNewMexico, why don't you start a separate thread and ask for input. It is a little confusing on this thread as H2O is using Jabsco pumps and your setup may be different. If you start a thread make sure to includes the above info, but also more details of your current system, like what types of pumps you currently have, do you have any valves in the ballast system (manual or sprinkler type), where do the pumps take suction from (transom or bottom of boat), does your system use a reversible pump. Duffy probably knows a lot of these answers as he has a similar boat, but from what I have seen and read it looks like things can vary from year to year or depending upon the ballast setup or boat model. Also what is your primary sport wakeboard or surf?

Joe B    17

This thread helps clear many things for other types of boats too. The 'crossover' is running your vents to the opposite side so you don't have to install check-valves of some sort. Stock Avy setup has the vent line about 2ft from the bag so water will dribble out and won't fully fill.

SurfNewMexico: search this mod thread from the beginning. There are a few topics about Avy Ballast upgrades. I wrote one near the beginning called 'Avalanche sac' and lists what I found changing my stock system to a better surf system and relocated my center tank plumbing. I too am looking for faster fill times. I get ideas from other boat types about what pumps they use and wiring ideas. There are many factors so find some here, some there, make some up youself... all good.

Joe B    17

H20: Put the boat in the water and take some pics of the wake, the underwater lights, blade.....

I'm sure you could re-winterize it in 20 minutes on the ramp.... Do IT!

thanks for input... im making progress.... have ordered the 2 new 750 sacs... with extra port for the tsunami (just in case) when they arrive friend and myself will get stock tanks out.. look things over and decide on which way to go.. your right these forums are awesome for a boat rookie like me... were close to the lake so should be able to work on boat and then get in the water to check it... 68 here today in southern new mexico... 72 on friday...

h20king    794

joe I'm trying but vacation is over I'm back to work and only have weekends to work on the boat but I am close I will do the oil filter relocation kit this weekend and try to finish putting it back together and do the summer service promise I will post picks of the wake and the wave first nice weekend after she is done

zapisor    43
joe I'm trying but vacation is over I'm back to work and only have weekends to work on the boat but I am close I will do the oil filter relocation kit this weekend and try to finish putting it back together and do the summer service promise I will post picks of the wake and the wave first nice weekend after she is done

Very Very Very importaint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have got to see the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

on a side note, we have found that for wake boarding the Falcons really like a big bag in the middle of the boat. are you still going to build a bow system or do you think 200lbs of lead will be enough?

h20king    794

I have 400lbs to play with plus the blade and the sacks should be a good start plus i have a couple extra sacks to put under the seats I don't want to see them and wont be placing any where they can be seen