h20king

budget stereo build

Spud    7

Let us know how they sound... I really like the swivel and quick release feature.

Spud    7

h2o, My boat is still put away and I am starting to shop around. I have one question, have you thought about or found any way to install some 6.5's in the bow area. In my Elite, I installed one in front of the walk through cooler where th light was. I don't see much room in the bow, unless I get some upholstery work done with it.

LakeSurfer    10
h2o, My boat is still put away and I am starting to shop around. I have one question, have you thought about or found any way to install some 6.5's in the bow area. In my Elite, I installed one in front of the walk through cooler where th light was. I don't see much room in the bow, unless I get some upholstery work done with it.

This is probably the biggest things I dont like about my Avy. No speakers or cup holders above the bow cushion. On the Avy, there are 4 cup holders below the fill cushion. So I added a pair of speakers there. I know that this is not the best place from a sound perspective but I did not want to do any upholstery work and it also allows a quiet place for my kids when I have the fill cushion in place. When its an "adult" weekend or the wives are laying out up front I just put the fill cushion in the ski locker and you have some sound.

Spud    7

Yeah that was my same thought, below, but would be a waste since my wife thinks the bow cushion is the best thing since wonder bread. The back rest seat in the tip of the bow flips up, and I was starting to brain storm a little with that, a single speaker running off of that would be just enough for the riders when cruising across the lake or something. The WS-420 would come in handy with kind of setup. :girl_devil::thumbsup::clapping::guitar::band::guitar:

h20king    794

spud I installed the amps last summer and finished up the system this year so this is my thoughts... before I installed the amps there was no sound to the bow after I installed the amps there was plenty. when you shop for amps think big power you are trying to fill the world with sound and need lots.Bow speakers look cool but add nothing to the system when underway and get beat up from people in the bow seems everyone loves to lounge up there it's huge and comfy but you know that already.I would think you would get more usable sound buy mounting a set in the rear seat bottom firing forward at the bow JMTC

Spud    7

Yeah I seen that as well and actually my bow speaker was the least beat up. The last boat they were on the floor, so I though I would install the coax's and see what they do first. I was just bored in the rain and thinking. I think I am going with the SS-65's for inside unless somebody knows the difference in the XS-650's.. just a little pricey but I wanna go correct this time.

Edited by Spud

h20king    794

bullet hollowpoint 650hp coax for inside the boat if you are going to spend the cash they are amazeing I have not heard a better in boat speaker and they will handle lots of power

Carter13    69

I can't reply about the SS-65's but I have three pairs of XS-650's powered by a SYN-4 and they sound amazing.

I bought all of my stereo system from Wetsounds except for the pair of Pro 80's and Alpine head unit approximately one year ago.

I picked up three pairs of XS-650's a SYN-4 and SYN-2 for 25% less than retail cost. I bought their B stock items. Stuff they have that has messed up packaging or are demo's are called B stock items. I did pay retail for my 420 though.

Call Wetsounds and ask them if they have any B stock, you won't be sorry.

I picked up my Pro 80's and an Alpine CDA-9886M off of ebay shipped for 30% less than retail cost. You might check there and see what is for sale.

Happy shopping. :girl_devil:

h20king    794

Carter looking forward to comparing my budget build to your wet sounds I like their gear but think they are over priced I have a friend that works in car audio that told me that standard mark up on gear is 100% plus I just cant get past the plastic cans I love the look of aluminum.also the money I saved not using wet sounds left cash for the blade,ballast and underwater lights

I have come to the conclusion that stereo's are what you really want and mostly what you can really afford. There has been a lot of "favortism" (if that's a word) toward the companys mentioned on here. But what it really comes down to, go and listen to a few systems on peoples boats and if you like it, then that could be the system for you. H2OKing, spent a little money and got a lot of bang for his buck and he is happy with it. I on the other hand spent a lot of money and I am sure I will be happy with mine. I did go and listen to a lot of systems and speakers. My second choice for speakers was the NVS. They sound great and will get the job done too. And once I have all of mine installed and whom ever wants to come out and listen, just let me know!

One thing on installing speakers in the front. I opt not to. Reason is that I have a little one that likes to take a nap from shredding it up and working on becoming the next Parks or World Champion. I put the bow cushion in and snap on the bow cover, plug a small fan in and he takes his nap. Out of the sun and quiet while we party. Just a thought for those of you thinking about it.

h20king    794

IM sure carters system sounds absolutely amazing his system is top of the line and well thought out I'm just curious to see how much bang for my buck I really got I think it sounds great but you never truly know till you do a side by side comparison in an equal environment.I'm not expecting my system to sound as good as carters but if its somewhere even close ill be happy with the build

Carter13    69

h,

I don't have a sub so you have me beat there. :thumbsup:

I like my system and am very happy with it but there are way nicer ones out there that cost a lot more than I paid.

I am sure your system rocks really hard and after I hear it I will want a sub but the wife isn't down with it.

h20king    794

couple pics of the finished install and dual interstate deep cycles batts with control switch that glows in the dark also a pro mariner charger to keep the batts toped offpost-777-1272226523_thumb.jpgpost-777-1272226539_thumb.jpg