duffymahoney

Ski pylon for my Avalanche.

I would have some one that can get to there Avalanche measure their tow bar and compare to the measurements in the ad. I think Centurion had 2 or 3 different lengths of them for other models. I think it has to be a older than a 2009 Avalanche, one before they deepened the deck on them.

Better to be safe than sorry!

smitty    0

Hey Duff,

Thats funny, they had two of them I already bought the other one. I figured for that price if it dosen't workout I can relist it. I should recieve it in the next couple of day's when I do i'll take some measurements and let you know.

-Jeremy

Edited by smitty

duffymahoney    10

Well I have an older avy (2003) but I am hoping it would work.

Bigcatpt    408
Well I have an older avy (2003) but I am hoping it would work.

I will check my Avy when I get home. But if I remember right the ski pilon is welded to the steel frame on the front of the engine compartment. I am not sure where that "custom built support bracket" would fit. I can take a picture of the stock set up if that would help....

Joe B    17

Yes the tow bar is bolted on the bottom. Mine comes loose and vibrates about every other month and I just hand tighten it. It's not a true hex nut, it's circular with some grooves for grip and I can get a wrench on it but doesn't fit a socket SAE or Metric. Once it's tight it's rock solid pulling the tube.

Duffy: I think it should fit. My hand is not banging around when I tighten it so that 4" of clearance needed shouldn't be a problem. One of these days I'll stop by storage and I have to take out the tow bar and give it to a metal shop as I'm having a stripper pole made to go there. :drinks:

Kevin Baugh    78

Mine is an allen wrench a little lock tight and you will be good to go