First timer    19

Hey crew!

I’ve got a problem with my 02’ Avalanche with the 5.7 mag. Went to fire the boat up and had my hose hooked up to my flush pro but the water wasn’t coming out of my exhaust like usual and the boat wouldn’t start. Drained all of the oil and drained a ton of water from the pan. Pulled the plugs on my passenger side and they were all at. Pulled the plugs on the driver side and they were fine. Put new oil in it and I was able to get it running but I only ran it for a few seconds without water. I’m guessing a bad head gasket but was wondering if the crew had any advice. Thanks for the help

Troy. R    198

That stinks! Head gasket seems like the most likely culprit to me as well.

Jlagos    23

There are 2 spots I think of first when water enter the engine. The  head gasket, as you said, and the exhaust manifold. I assume your manifolds are original to the engine they will rust out over time.

First timer    19

So I replaced the exhaust manifolds and risers still getting water in the motor. Pulled the heads and I’ve got water in all 8 cylinders, makes me think it’s a top end issue. Only get water in the oil after I turn the motor over by hand. Any ideas? Ready to just replace the heads and intake.