Sign in to follow this  
Hudzon

Needing some ZS232 Real Feedback

Hudzon    3

Thnx Troy, and appreciate your inputs all over the forum. I definitely found a lot of useful info when deciding to switch over to supreme.

Honestly couldn't be happier with the boat - absolutely love it. 

BrentP    0

Hey, for the record (and proof someone else read this), thanks so much for the detailed information on your process here.  I'm seriously considering a Supreme for the balance of Price, Wave, and Rough Water ride.  Your detail here has been really helpful, and the boat looks awesome.   I think Supreme has some of the less attractive bright colors that are not metal flake, and you cant metal flake the bulk of the boat which is a bummer (I'm a big fan of lime green but the lime green on this boat is basically neon).   I think going with a more classic scheme works here in a big way.  I also own a 22' Tige (2007 22ve) and am interested in your experience in chop.  I want to be able to set the speed at 28-30 and just cruise vs feeling like someone is picking the boat up and dropping it on every wake we cross..

Glad you like her!

Troy. R    198
6 hours ago, BrentP said:

Hey, for the record (and proof someone else read this), thanks so much for the detailed information on your process here.  I'm seriously considering a Supreme for the balance of Price, Wave, and Rough Water ride.  Your detail here has been really helpful, and the boat looks awesome.   I think Supreme has some of the less attractive bright colors that are not metal flake, and you cant metal flake the bulk of the boat which is a bummer (I'm a big fan of lime green but the lime green on this boat is basically neon).   I think going with a more classic scheme works here in a big way.  I also own a 22' Tige (2007 22ve) and am interested in your experience in chop.  I want to be able to set the speed at 28-30 and just cruise vs feeling like someone is picking the boat up and dropping it on every wake we cross..

Glad you like her!

Hey Brent,

I'm not sure if they are using the same lime green as Centurion used to, but I almost bought a '15 Enzo 244 that was lime green and gunmetal flake. It's still one of the best looking boats I've ever seen.

The rough water ride is incredible on these things! We were out with my brother-in-law/sister and their family on our ZS232 last weekend. The wind started to kick up and it got pretty choppy. My brother in law (coming from a '15 Tige Z3 as his last boat) commented on how great the rough water ride is. They just cut through the chop like the hull of no other wakeboat I've ridden in.

Hudzon    3

Brent! lol - will give you my honest rough water/cruising experience. As mentioned, we are constantly in Biscayne bay Miami Florida and the keys and for a "wake boat" this has to be as close to as good as it gets. We specifically bought a supreme because of the deep v hull design. I'm very protective of the boat and try my best not to beat it up, so any time the water gets above a 2/3 foot chop I do throttle down a bit and just make sure to time up the chop or rollers. We've been out ocean side to get to some of the nicer reef locations in the keys in some nasty stuff, slow and easy, zero problems! The silent stinger plate is a great feature if you want to get that bow down a little to cut through some of the chop. These boats obviously don't handle like center consoles where you can get above a 2/3 foot chop and just coast over it. Being what they are, I think supreme does a really good job with it! 

As far as cruising speed on a good day - we have the 450 and i typically try to run around 3900 rpm just to conserve fuel and keep it easy on the motor. At 4200rpm on a good day you can probably sit at 26mph all day. Can you push harder and run 28 yes, wide open throttle the most I've seen has been 35mph.

Hudzon    3

IMG_9425.jpg.0fc48f42ded58a40d564e2a3564d43d8.jpg

The rough water ride is great....but here's a day we caught not too long ago in the keys :)

69C10    2
On 2022-09-15 at 7:42 AM, BrentP said:

Glad you like her!

I came out of an 07 22v, the comparison in rough water ride isn’t even a comparison, night and day difference! In moderate chop or turning into my own waves pulling kids on tubes, the tower basically seemed like it was trying to rip apart from the boat and was very loud rattling, hard hitting as the hull just slapped into the waves, I’d cringe everytime. With the FI23 (I was supposed to get a 2022 ZS but it was delayed till fall, but same difference) turning back into my own waves pulling tubes, maybe 5% of the time it’s a harder hit, but we’re also talking waves probably 50% bigger. 2 ish ft chop is nearly unnoticed around 20mph, and the tower is rock solid and dead silent! I’d say the few times the FI hits a wave hard would be due to the pickle fork and the bottom sides of the hull being flat near the front, the S and RI lines probably slice through the same stuff effortlessly.