Bradley

‘10 Centurion Avalanche C4 new cover

Bradley    1

I’m in need of a new cover for my ‘10 Centurion Avalanche C4.  I contacted Cory from evolution and he does not have a pattern.  He suggested ski boat covers.com but I wasn’t impressed by the pictures on their website.  Cover craft.com looked pretty nice but don’t know much about the company.  Sewlong.com looked really nice but very expensive.  I want something similar to the factory one I have but like the looks of the evolution covers. I also like the idea of no poles to deal with. Anyone have any suggestions that has had a new cover made for them?  

Thanks

Brad

Edited by Bradley

slappie    3

I had one made for my 2003 Avalanche C4 by Dallas Canvas here in Dallas.  They did an awesome job.  They had my boat and did the measurements from my boat, so they should have a pattern.

Contact is:  Mark or Michelle  972-910-9052

Troy    234

2009 Centurion changed the top. made the top cap a bit taller. 

Bradley    1

Thanks for the reply’s. I contacted the dealer I bought it off and they ordered me one from commercial sewing. Was disappointed I could only get it in light grey and not black. They said they didn’t do black because of staining of the seats. Haven’t put it on yet but it looks nice. It comes with the pull tight system.  Hope it works better than the poles. 

InfinitySurf    302

They make great covers! The hangtyte system works better than poles IMO, I added 2 of the Hangtyte's to the factory cover in my cabin area since that area is quite large on my SV244 (1 between windshield and tower and 1 just behind the tower...similar to where the factory poles would be). I get zero water pooling now and previously with the poles I would get some pooling in the area before the sundeck since the poles did not get the cover tight enough to not create a little sag with water weight. The only area that still gives potential for some pooling if rain is heavy is the bow since there is nothing there now. Some people have used an inflatable or a large pool ball to keep cover slightly tented up there. Since I keep mine garaged and really only use the cover if I take the boat out of town or on trips I have not worried about it but if i kept it outside something would be needed.

The other thing that makes a difference is treating the cover with the 303 Waterproofing or the Starbright. You clean cover well, let it dry and then treat it (I would spray it on and then use small foam roller to back-roll it into the cover so it would lightly saturate, just spraying it on is not nearly as effective). Makes water roll off the fabric like a freshly waxed car and has kept it looking new. Also treated my bimini and the bimini cover at same time and you basically need a gallon to properly treat everything. I think if I ever purchased another cover it would be an "over the tower" cover.