SaltCitySurfer

Looking for surf setup advice on my 07 Avalanche C4 w/ Sideswipe

The boat is currently configured to be listed only to the port side for surfing.  It has a huge custom bag on the port side that fills the rear locker and runs up under the seats.  I don't know how much water weight it holds but I'm guessing well over 1000#.  The starboard side has a custom bag (I'm guessing 720#) that only fills the locker.  I'm not a huge fan of listing boats to surf them.

I'm planning to put Infinity Wave tabs on this boat and evenly weight it.  So I'm thinking of getting another 720# for port side and see what kind of wave I get on #1500# plus the center hard tank (another 225#).  I'm not really looking for a monster wave per se.  I just want one with a nice relatively long pocket, good push, and a clean face.  I ride goofy btw.  

I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with this setup and/or this boat and give me some pointers.

Thanks for any advice.

PS: I've owned an 07 Elite C4 with 750#'s in the lockers and 225# hard tank with a suck-gate and it produced a really nice regular wave, however, the goofy wave had a narrow pocket and a dirty face. Hoping to build a much better wave with the Avalanche.

Edited by SaltCitySurfer

jtryon    11

if you are looking to sell that custom sac i may be interested depending on what it has for fill/drain ports etc.   send me a PM if so!

InfinitySurf    302
On 10/1/2019 at 5:47 PM, SaltCitySurfer said:

The boat is currently configured to be listed only to the port side for surfing.  It has a huge custom bag on the port side that fills the rear locker and runs up under the seats.  I don't know how much water weight it holds but I'm guessing well over 1000#.  The starboard side has a custom bag (I'm guessing 720#) that only fills the locker.  I'm not a huge fan of listing boats to surf them.

I'm planning to put Infinity Wave tabs on this boat and evenly weight it.  So I'm thinking of getting another 720# for port side and see what kind of wave I get on #1500# plus the center hard tank (another 225#).  I'm not really looking for a monster wave per se.  I just want one with a nice relatively long pocket, good push, and a clean face.  I ride goofy btw.  

I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with this setup and/or this boat and give me some pointers.

Thanks for any advice.

PS: I've owned an 07 Elite C4 with 750#'s in the lockers and 225# hard tank with a suck-gate and it produced a really nice regular wave, however, the goofy wave had a narrow pocket and a dirty face. Hoping to build a much better wave with the Avalanche.

Infinity surf tabs are da bomb.

You may need an A-plate to clean up the goofy side (Infinity can build/sell you an A-plate or double wing plate)...but also having some list helps clean up the wave face whether you are running suckgate or surf tabs. Not talking a full on list, just couple hundred difference which can be done using people sitting on surf side, lead biased to that side, etc. On my Enzo, I use my Ramfill to list approx 250lbs on reg side and more like 400lbs on goofy side due to prop rotation.

• Like 1