Sign in to follow this  
surfthis

effect of the bennett trim tab on the C4 hull (lightning)

surfthis    0

Installing a Bennett trim tab on my 07 Lightning... What position am i going to need to run the tab at for surfing and wakeboarding and will it help clean up the wake is it going to make a large difference over the standard wake plate that came with the boat....any input while be great......

WakeDoc    471

When surfing on the Regular side the tab is all the way up and on the Goofy side it is all the way down.

surfthis    0

does the trim tab help in cleaning up the wakeboard wake or adjusting the wake or is just for bow rise

WakeDoc    471

Helps with the surf wake not sure about the wakeboard wake.

duffymahoney    10

What size did you get? I have a 12x12 on my c4 avy and I don't touch it anymore. I only use it when the boat is really loaded and I need the bow to come down to plane for surfing. I just it to tweak the wakeboard wake, but just barely.

It is a definite help with getting the wakeboard wake cleaned up. It will depend on the amount of people, weight, speed and line length while wakeboarding to determine the tab position, but generally it should never be more 25% (I think that's the position).

surfthis    0

I Have the 12x9 bennett trim tab.... what speed should I be running for wakeboarding

islander033    2
I Have the 12x9 bennett trim tab.... what speed should I be running for wakeboarding

I go just fast enough to clean up my wake. The more weight you use the faster you will have to go.

Joe B    17

For us we go 23mph and that's with 75' back. Shorten the rope and we can go slower.