Sign in to follow this  
HipCzch5

1991 Ski Centurion 30

HipCzch5    0

I'm new to Centurion Crew as I'm looking to purchase a 1991 Ski Centurion 30. It's a 30' open bow, seats up to 20, cabin sleeps two, twin Yamaha 225 outboards, 70 mph, 120 hours, on a triple axle trailer.  Does anyone have information on these boats? Supposedly only three built as prototypes. Any information would be a huge help, thanks in advance. Tried to post some pictures but the files are to large.

InfinitySurf    302

Never heard of that, but with only 3 built, not surprising. Love to see pics tho!

Use this link to resize pics so you can post.

http://www.resizeimage.net/

Upload picture....reduce the numbers below pic and then you can resize and download at bottom of link. Very handy, I use this resize app a lot to post pics.

HipCzch5    0

The best place to view some decent pics, google: 1991 Ski Centurion 30, almost no information on these boats. Called Centurion today, not one person, from any department, worked there in the 90s. This forum looked like the best place to find a Centurion historian. It may be what became the 30' Tsunami, but not sure. I also read the owner back then had them special built. I'm hoping someone has some info. I'm going to see it Thursday

RhuntIII    555

Wow! Who knew? Cool looking boat for sure but I know nothing about this model. Good luck and I hope she's sea worthy. 

• Like 1

Timr71    30

It looks like when Centurion redid their website, they took down the history page.  I recall seeing one that was with a red background. A google search brings up this one.  It might be from the Australian Centurion site.  While it does a good job of laying out the history Centurion boats, it makes no mention of a 30 foot off shore boat powered by dual outboards.  Sorry.  

http://chadoulas2.wixsite.com/centurion-boats/history 

Jake707    171

Im almost positive Ive seen one of those on craigslist off and on for a couple months in the Bay area or Sac. It doesn't look to be on there now though.  looks like an old cigarette style boat.

HipCzch5    0

I'm pretty sure it's the same one, There is almost no information on this boat. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow, I'm curious to inspect the construction and the twin Yamaha 225. If all goes as planned, I'll be blasting it around the lake next week.

Jake707    171

Nice. Id say inspection would be like any other boat. It will have wood stringers so stomp the floor and make sure no mushy, look under the floor with a flashlight as much as possible, walk the hull looking for any spider cracks, or other gel coat issues, if you find any repairs to the gel get as much info on it as you can and try to check behind the repair area to ensure it wasn't a hack job. I don't have too much experience with larger outboards but I would imagine checking them would be just like any other engine inspection with maybe a few specific details to look for with a twin set up like making sure they are in sink when turning and that it turns free and smooth. If you can a water test will tell you a lot more that sitting on the trailer wont.

Most importantly if you do get it post some pictures of that bad boy.

HipCzch5    0

Update! I went to see the boat today and for some crazy reason I thought it had an open bow, sadly it did not. It is an awesome boat a with fairly large cabin. I was very tempted to buy it because I can pick it up for under 10K, an amazing deal. I'm pretty sure the aluminum trailer and motors have got to be worth that.

RhuntIII    555

Very cool. Did you get any pictures? We love pictures around here. Good luck.