Sign in to follow this  
Myty33

Looking to upgrade to the Ri257

Myty33    5

Currently, we have the 2016 Ri 237 and would like to upgrade to a new 257 and was just wondering if anyone could tell me the major changes they've done in the 2 years to the 257. Also, is it really worth it to go for a 257 or is my money better spent elsewhere? 

Thanks

Bongo Fury    640

if you are going to upgrade a two year old Ri237 to a new 257....you should drop the $30 and become a Supporting Member....lol

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555
11 hours ago, Bongo Fury said:

if you are going to upgrade a two year old Ri237 to a new 257....you should drop the $30 and become a Supporting Member....lol

No doubt. Or he could just do a little digging...

The answers you seek are hidden in our realm.

carguy79ta    67

i surfed a 16 237 before buying a 17 257.  there is a big difference in the wave.  I highly recommend the 257.  I also added 1000 lead to take the wave from Awesome to Insane!  getthebow sack.  a lot of people don' t but it is worth it.  better to have and not need than to need and not have.

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Whole other level, no other boat compares to a 257. If I had the space and wouldn't have to also upgrade my truck, that is what I would do

carguy79ta    67

yeah I bought a Ram diesel to tow it.  tows great.  I also tuned it....200hp tune. the OP probably has a diesel to tow the 237 tho right?

Myty33    5
4 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

yeah I bought a Ram diesel to tow it.  tows great.  I also tuned it....200hp tune. the OP probably has a diesel to tow the 237 tho right?

We used to have an f350 but got rid of it for a raptor hopefully it will still pull alright.

RhuntIII    555
3 minutes ago, Myty33 said:

We used to have an f350 but got rid of it for a raptor hopefully it will still pull alright.

is it the new V6 ecoboost?

Myty33    5
Just now, RhuntIII said:

is it the new V6 ecoboost?

Yeah, It's pretty bad tush we do a lot of off-roading too so it works out.

RhuntIII    555
Just now, Myty33 said:

Yeah, It's pretty bad tush we do a lot of off-roading too so it works out.

how does it tow the 237? 

Myty33    5
1 minute ago, RhuntIII said:

how does it tow the 237? 

Pretty well honestly, we've only gotten to tow it one time since we've had it but no complaints with the towing power at all.

RhuntIII    555
10 minutes ago, Myty33 said:

Pretty well honestly, we've only gotten to tow it one time since we've had it but no complaints with the towing power at all.

Word around the water cooler is the torque of the twin turbo gasser is pretty impressive. How many miles do you have to tow any hills?

Myty33    5
4 minutes ago, RhuntIII said:

Word around the water cooler is the torque of the twin turbo gasser is pretty impressive. How many miles do you have to tow any hills?

Yeah, it pulls our 25 foot trailer with our rzr's on in it perfectly up to our cabin there's plenty of hills going up their.

RhuntIII    555
2 minutes ago, Myty33 said:

Yeah, it pulls our 25 foot trailer with our rzr's on in it perfectly up to our cabin there's plenty of hills going up their.

nice. which motor does it have? 

Myty33    5
2 hours ago, RhuntIII said:

nice. which motor does it have? 

The truck is a 3.5 L V6

Myty33    5
1 hour ago, carguy79ta said:

what are the hp and tq?

450hp and 510 ft-lb pretty sure

Darkside    248
On 1/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, Myty33 said:

Currently, we have the 2016 Ri 237 and would like to upgrade to a new 257 and was just wondering if anyone could tell me the major changes they've done in the 2 years to the 257. Also, is it really worth it to go for a 257 or is my money better spent elsewhere? 

Thanks

Only you can decide if it is money better spent elsewhere.  The 237 puts out a very good wave.   The 257 is just bigger,  longer,  and more powerful.   It is amazing how good it is.  As @carguy79ta noted a bit of lead helps.  The wave does not NEED 1000 pounds of lead,  but it sure does like It.  ?

The 257 is the best wave I have ever ridden.   Nothing else out there is close right now. 

carguy79ta    67

another point..I have been on river pushboats for work.  I design heavy crane picks so I have been around water equipment.  one thing I noticed is the 257 (16000 lbs)puts out a wave that's perpendicular to the direction of travel, kind of a secondary wave so to speak..similar to the small pushboats( 70000 lbs)I have worked around.  my loaded up axis did not.I am sure any of the 257ers can vouch. the 257 is a beast.