Bigcatpt    408

So today we added two new surf boards to the collection.

The first was introduced about a week ago. Its actually an old school Hyperlite skurfer. Its a tri-fin and seems to be quite fast and still stable and perfect for kids less than about 80 pounds. We ordered some traction decking and had a little fun designing the traction for the top. My son has yet to ride it with the new decking but he loved the board when he rode it wearing rubber bottom water shoes for grip. See picture below.

The second board was an impulse buy today. I happed to be looking through the local classifieds in their watersports section (something I do several times a day). I have found so many great deals on lifejackets, wetsuits, anchors, etc). Anyway someone listed a almost new Phase 5 Prop surfboard. Its an 2008 model and had been ridden once. It still has the price tag sticker on the bottom of the board which listed the board at $439. He sold it to me for $100!!! Its probably too small for me but I'll let my kids try it out and probably sell it. I just couldn't pass up a good deal. Is anyone riding this board and like it? Pro's and Con's?

duramat    462

You dirty dog, you bought that!!! Im lookin forward to Tuesday with ya for sure!!!

Joe B    17

I ride the Smaller Icon P5 and love it. It's rated for 160lbs max and I'm 150lbs. I've had a 200lb rider on it and could freeride, but a slight small wrong move and he lost the wave. The kids can easily sink the P5 on starts so I doubt you'll be selling it. My wife now rides it and loves it.

Let us know how you like it. If you are in the 200lb range I think you'll be able to free ride it. The wave you have is bigger than what I think that max rating is for.

Skurfers are sweet old school.

Bigcatpt    408
You dirty dog, you bought that!!! Im lookin forward to Tuesday with ya for sure!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WakeDoc    471

$100 for a prop is a smoking deal... :thumbsup: