BCanuck

Trickle Charger and Running The Stereo

BCanuck    1

Sorry about the stupid question. We plan a big party at the lake house. The problem is the boat stereo is way better than the house stereo plus I can remote control the ipod boat sound system from the deck. The boat is on the trailer. Can I hook up the trickle charger to the stereo battery so the battery would last longer? Will it make any significant difference?

Thanks and happy riding.

islander033    2
Sorry about the stupid question. We plan a big party at the lake house. The problem is the boat stereo is way better than the house stereo plus I can remote control the ipod boat sound system from the deck. The boat is on the trailer. Can I hook up the trickle charger to the stereo battery so the battery would last longer? Will it make any significant difference?

Thanks and happy riding.

I have tried that before. The charger wasn't able to keep up even at lower volumes, but I think that it extended the listening time a bit.

jquick    0

when i have shows at the sema show, we use battery chargers that are hooked up the battery charger on "charge" not "start." even better is if you have dual battery's, run on battery while you charge one and switch back and forth when they die. have fun!

when i have shows at the sema show, we use battery chargers that are hooked up the battery charger on "charge" not "start." even better is if you have dual battery's, run on battery while you charge one and switch back and forth when they die. have fun!

Depends how loud you turn it up!

BCanuck    1

Thanks for the info everyone.

WakeDoc    471

We have a kinetik charger which are designed to do what you want and not to put feed back into the system. My understanding is that some chargers will push feedback into the stereo. If you take jquick suggestion and isolate the one you are charging I would not think it would be an issue.