gravity12

Bluetooth?

gravity12    83

I have a jvc head unit and use my samsung s7 via blue tooth.  When i turn off the key it plays fine but after i start the boat back up it will stop.  I have to push the pause button for the music to resume. Its like it losses sync.  Is there a way to keep it playing without having to push pause everytime? 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Is this an integrated blue tooth or external BT? Sounds like the audio supply voltage is dropping during cranking. you would first need to confirm this with a volt meter. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Ok, so it sound like the head unit is powering down, then back up during cranking. This could be voltage sag due to the load of the starter or could be that the head unit red turn-on is tied to the key switch ACC. The ACC is not "hot" during cranking, just RUN and ACC, so naturally the head unit would cycle off when cranking. 

gravity12    83

Makes sense.  I always thought the ignition was bypassed since there is a separate switch that turns the head unit on and off.  So i need to find a constant hot for the red turn on? 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Could, thats where the volt meter comes in handy, to confirm whats going on. 

truekaotik    458

The switch is ran through the ignition so it will not turn on unless key is on in most Centurions. This is your boat correct?

if so, you need to wire the switch to constant. 

gravity12    83

Mine is turned on and off by the rocker switch.  I can play the stereo without having the key in the ignition at all.  Have to make sure the switch is off to fully turn off the stereo. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Then you are likely suffering from voltage sag on one of the two wires that supply positive voltage to the head unit. 

gravity12    83

Thanks for the help.  Is it fixable or would using the aux cable cure it? 

Wylie_Tunes    146

If the head unit is powering down then back up during cranking, no, using the AUX cable will not stop that, its a voltage supply issue to the head unit. Plugging up hard wire is likely only a 2-3 second pause in the music that requires no input from you to restart. 

gravity12    83

It will keep playing when hooked up with the 3.5 cord.  But then i cant change tracks on the deck.  Weird. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

yeah hard wire via 3.5mm headphone jack is audio only, so no means to track advance.