Gerbalski

2012 sv233 built in ballast not fill or empty

Gerbalski    0

Hey All.

please help my baby won't fill or empty the built in ballasts. If I try to use a programmed profile it shows no filling same with manual analog switches. 

I checked all battery connections and fuses.  When I hit analog switch computer display recognizes but no filling takes place. All pro ballast are enabled. 

Im soo frustrated !!!

Troy    234

Do you hear the pump? Might just need to reset the circuit breaker of replace the fuse 

Or are you talking about quick fill ballast? 

Edited by Troy

Gerbalski    0

The flood gates sorry. I went down this morning and tried to jump them out with a battery right at the valve and starboard clicks and port has nothing. Also did a draw test and they are not drawing. Do these valves stick and burn out? Also I moved both valves manually and tried again to jump them still nothing. 

Is there upgraded version to replace these or can you pull these and pull apart to rebuild?

They are the :

Pure Vert, Drain Master Marine electric ballast valve. 

Edited by Gerbalski
Added content

Bongo Fury    640

This is a very common problem with the Drainmaster valves.  Do a search and you will find tons of info on this.  One of ours stuck last weekend but we were able to get it working by turning the manual key and opening and closing.  Many have replaced to the newer valves.  Again...do a search!  Good luck!

InfinitySurf    302

Valterra is the name of the new valve. Lots of us have upgraded due to the issues with Drainmaster. Mine have kept working cause I silicone the crap out of them every few trips but i got the new valves since inevitably they will go out at some point. Try cycling while someone manually turns and spray them really well with silicone...may work. Also, check to be sure you have good connection and its getting power...don't hear about them burning out too often, just sticking a lot tho if you keep cycling and it does not open, suppose that would burn them out.

Gerbalski    0

Thanks all!! I'll pull boat out of water tomorrow and bench test the valves to be sure. Keep you posted. 

Gerbalski    0

I pulled valves (gates) and bench tested them absolutely zero movement. Centurion is honouring warranty even tho I'm expired. Hopefully the computer display guages will work cause I filled manually and nothing registers on display.