Sign in to follow this  
Gilly

Looking for a new surfboard, need some advise.

Gilly    0

I'm looking for a new board, started wakesurfing last season on phase 5 oogle. I'm now looking for a board that is a little quicker down the line and can do both surf and skim. Im 5"10, 160 pds. I'm been looking at the Ronix Hex Blender 4"2. 

Let me me know your thoughts on the above board or any other suggestions. Thanks. 

DrNate    426

As a rule, wakeboard brand WakeSurf boards (Ronix, Hyperlite, etc.) are not the best.  You did not specify a price range, but since you're asking I would recommend a Soulcraft or similar custom made board.  You will be amazed at the difference it will make in your riding.  When it comes to surfboards, you get what you pay for.

On a budget I would look at used Inland Surfer boards, perhaps a beginner board like a Tako or something similar.  Although you will quickly outgrow it:

https://www.inlandsurfer.com/board-shop

WakeDoc    471

Not going to get a true surf and skim in one board they are made different.

Ok...so I'm 5'10" and 160lbs.  My son is a little lighter but same height.  We both like the nubstep 4'6".   It's more surf style but it does let you spin around like a skimmer.  I like how it handles.  We ride it without the nubster fins so we can spin it easier.  It has great drive running all 4 for surf style.  Might be something to check out. 

Newman44    0
On 5/22/2017 at 7:47 AM, Gilly said:

I'm looking for a new board, started wakesurfing last season on phase 5 oogle. I'm now looking for a board that is a little quicker down the line and can do both surf and skim. Im 5"10, 160 pds. I'm been looking at the Ronix Hex Blender 4"2. 

Let me me know your thoughts on the above board or any other suggestions. Thanks. 

How do you like the oogle? I just bought one to get more comfortable with the basics.