InfinitySurf

Lake Norman / Lake Hickory, NC. Ride partner?

InfinitySurf    302

So I am really wanting to spend as much time on boat this summer as possible. Wife and kids love to go out too, but just aren't interested in getting out as often as I want to and sometimes their schedule interferes and they cannot go.... Since I cannot drive and surf at same time, hoping there are a couple experienced riders/drivers in my area of North Carolina that also want to get out more often. Don't know a lot of people into surfing since this is only my 2nd summer doing it. Owned boats all my life...but still learning how to surf, last summer was the first time I saw/tried surfing (prob go out a dozen times last year) and got hooked. So I got rid of the I/O in Feb and bought a nice SV244, we can take turns pulling each other....also totally good riding/driving in your boat when wanted. But since I am the one asking, I have zero issue taking my boat and paying for the fuel. 

I am OCD about my toys and while I am not anal, I am careful and treat my boat with respect and would expect riding partner to act in like manner. Because I am trusting someone to operate my boat, you must have experience driving (if you gotta ask me where the brakes are located, you are not the right person, lol). All about drinking a couple beers and definitely not a stuffy prick that doesn't like to have fun or party (39 yrs old), but the motivation here is to get out and surf more often so I can get better, not to get plastered and act like a teenager. Mainly surf on Lake Norman cause its so large and I like the area, I live near damn on very North side of Lake Norman...but usually launch in Denver off hwy 16, or Moorseville at hwy 150 bridge near, The Blue Parrot (I trailer, so roughly 30min ride for me to either of those 2 boat launches)...but I also live 4 miles from Lake Hickory where damn is located on Highway 16. I was actually there today and its a very nice area to surf and nice cause its so close to my house (like 7min ride to launch). Also open to exploring new areas if not too far away.

PM me if you are interested!

stoked    1,039

But do you like pina coladas? Getting caught in the rain (with the bimini deployed of course)? 

• Like 2

InfinitySurf    302

If you wanna drive down here for a session, I will surf in the rain drinking a pina colada with you...may even get risky and not deploy the bimini!

Dan gib    8

Ha dude if you were couple hours closer, no enough legit boaters around here all fair weather fans

InfinitySurf    302

Let me know if you ever get down this way in spring/summer/fall and we will get out. I actually got lucky last summer and found another guy near me with a Malibu to surf with on regular basis. We trade off boats every week and went just about every Weds Afternoon/evening till almost Thanksgiving and I was able to progress a lot on my surfing, he is better than me so that also helped me learn faster. Looking forward to Spring so we can fire up again, getting fat in winter without surfing a couple times a week! Looking forward to boat show in CLT in about 10 days, will be able to pretend Spring is around the corner and not a few months away still

TB h2o    0

If you are interested in another driver/surfer on Fridays'/Saturdays I could help you out with driving and fuel. We have a place on Lake Hickory not too far from the the dam. I still have an I/O but but went out with a buddy and surfed behind his new G23 last October and can't get surfing off my mind. I'm in the process of figuring out what kind of wakesurf boat to get (leaning toward Centurion) but likely one year away from pulling the trigger. 

InfinitySurf    302

@TB h2o PM me your number. Sounds good, I also ride on Lake Hickory and when I do, I put in at the launch right next to the damn.

Darkside    248

Infinity,  if you want to make a trip a bit west,  would love to meet you on Norris this summer.  We make that trip every summer.

InfinitySurf    302

I went to Norris last summer for a couple days and loved that area, its a great lake (even got blessed with a ticket for night surfing while there, lol). Let me know when you plan trip, would love to meet up if I can make it work. Wife and I were already talking about renting one of their floating houses for a week and going out there with the family this summer.