Sign in to follow this  
arono

Not enough push in Surfwave....need suggestions

arono    0
On 5/5/2017 at 8:05 PM, Dreamer said:

My previous boat was on 07 SV230 and we have an amazing port side wake. We pulled the tank that was under the seat behind the driver and replaced it with a 400# sac. A few hundred pounds of lead between the two port sacs or a couple people sitting in that corner helps. We had gps PP so speed was 11.5 mph for steep wake and 11.2 for a little softer. Wakeplate around 25%. The only time we used ballast in the bow was when there were lots of passenger in the back.

Once I get the boat back from the detail shop, I plan to test the PP against a phone app for speed accuracy. I have a fixed trim-plate so nothing I can do there but good to know the results with a similar weight set-up.,

arono    0
On 5/5/2017 at 5:08 PM, h20king said:

You guy's should be starting help me surf  threads  instead of blaming  the Enzo.  It's wake has tons of push as is  with just ballast.  Post up some video  and we can give you some pointers.  Does  not matter how you set  up the boat if you don't have the correct fundamentals down your results will be the same. 

I've got video of my buddy riding behind my boat & the FX-22 last summer; I'll post those later and would be interested in getting pointers based on what you see. 

DarksideR    1,679

It doesn't work for every boat or even on both sides of the same boat, but I've had great success when adding the right amount of counterweight. Any Enzo setting up to surf the regular side should be putting 400#'s plus in the starboard side of the boat. Try it in the rear locker, if the wave gets too steep and short, move it up to the starboard seating area. This is where having lead really helps in dialling in your wave.

Aaaand... I have to SOMEWHAT agree with Carguy. Partly because it'll piss off H (LOL JK bud, I agree with what you're saying too). Having a wave with alot of push will help someone when learning. Hell, it helps the best of us, just those of us that have been doing it a while can deal with a crap wave more easily.

Also, I am incredibly impressed with what a "suckgate" can do for just about any boat! My buddies SV233 has one of the best goofy waves I've ever surfed. And you all know how much I love my FS33 wave.

• Like 1

bluesman280    99
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎07 at 10:30 PM, DarksideR said:

Also, I am incredibly impressed with what a "suckgate" can do for just about any boat! My buddies SV233 has one of the best goofy waves I've ever surfed. And you all know how much I love my FS33 wave.

Need details on that SV 233 goofy wave set up. We have a great port wave, but still struggling on the goofy wave.

Is he running the A plate?

Weight? Using the "suckgate"?

Any info is always good info.

We are definitely planning on adding more weight to the goofy side this year, we took on some water through the starboard vent once at the end of last year and that totally beefed up the wave, so adding more lead weight is a priority this year, along with installing the Enzo vents I never got a chance to install last year.

Bongo Fury    640
On May 25, 2017 at 0:43 PM, bluesman280 said:

adding more lead weight is a priority this year, along with installing the Enzo vents I never got a chance to install last year.

The carbon vents are a must.......you will love them!!!

DarksideR    1,679
On 2017-05-25 at 0:43 PM, bluesman280 said:

Need details on that SV 233 goofy wave set up. We have a great port wave, but still struggling on the goofy wave.

Is he running the A plate?

Weight? Using the "suckgate"?

Any info is always good info.

We are definitely planning on adding more weight to the goofy side this year, we took on some water through the starboard vent once at the end of last year and that totally beefed up the wave, so adding more lead weight is a priority this year, along with installing the Enzo vents I never got a chance to install last year.

I don't know the exact setup, but it's a Ramfill boat. So, all bags full. Starboard Ram full. Port Ram 80-90%. Running a bit of CATS and he has the A Plate.

There's less need for the carbon vent covers when running the boat not listed. But I'd still get them.

• Like 1