Sign in to follow this  
Specialblend07

New member '15 S226

Cwazy1    89
3 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

Ok so was on the boat all weekend and have a few questions...again

So being this is my first inboard boat I just want to check to make sure some things I've noticed are normal. So clearly they make more drive line noise than and I/O or outboard... When I'm stopped, crank the wheel and hit the throttle it's MUCH louder (drive line/trans noise) than if I'm just going straight from a stop and hit it. Even my girlfriend noticed the noise and mentioned it didn't sound normal. Not sure if this is expected, or makes sense??

When I'm driving I have to keep the trim tab at 100% otherwise it porpoises very bad. Is this also normal? Obviously it isn't a big deal, just want to make sure driving at WOT with the trim tab at 100% isn't going to cause issues in the long run. This is with zero weight in any of the tanks.

Also, somehow the front starboard speaker is blown which I have no idea how, and the deck is showing "Low Power" and I can't play music anymore.. Has this happened to anyone before? My battery voltage is showing a touch over 13.5. It did rain over the weekend while we were out so the deck could have gotten wet.

1. It'll be louder because you're putting a lot of load on the engine, but I'm not sure why you need to hit the throttle so hard while turning while from a stop? 

2. I've always thought that continuous operation at WOT is not good for your engine. I usually run 3500 rpm when traveling distances and I go about 25-27mph. I'm usually running about 50% tab at this point. My tab is also bigger than yours from '15

3. I had the exact same low power and mine also showed good voltage, but couldn't play music. My issue turned out to be a loose battery terminal lockdown nut. Check your battery. 

Edited by Cwazy1

Ok, so first time wake surfing behind the boat. The water was absolutely freezing and I think my balls are still tucked somewhere up in my stomach but that's not what this is about. At this point I'm pretty disappointed and looking for some help... The wave looks good, but has almost no push and it very hard to keep on. I went out with a buddy who competes in surf comps and even he was having trouble with it..

1100 lb sac in rear port locker nearly full

Center tank full (water was coming out side of boat)

Wake plate anywhere from 100% to 25%

Speed 11.2 to 11.4

I hate to say it was embarrassing, but it sort of was. There was one other person in the boat sitting in the back port side of the boat as well. Again, the wave looks good, but it just doesn't perform at all.

Now keep in mind my quick fills don't work and I just got a call stating they can be installed on the 12th. I don't know if that will change anything. I'd rather not have to spend $500 on lead, or other bags as I sort of figured this boat would be ready to ride as is (minus the 1100 bag I put in the locker). So any thoughts? 

Also, my speakers/stereo worked for a little bit. But are now clicking/popping again. I even turned the stereo off and they clicked/popped until I flipped the actual stereo switch.

49faith    4
2 hours ago, Specialblend07 said:

Ok, so first time wake surfing behind the boat. The water was absolutely freezing and I think my balls are still tucked somewhere up in my stomach but that's not what this is about. At this point I'm pretty disappointed and looking for some help... The wave looks good, but has almost no push and it very hard to keep on. I went out with a buddy who competes in surf comps and even he was having trouble with it..

1100 lb sac in rear port locker nearly full

Center tank full (water was coming out side of boat)

Wake plate anywhere from 100% to 25%

Speed 11.2 to 11.4

I hate to say it was embarrassing, but it sort of was. There was one other person in the boat sitting in the back port side of the boat as well. Again, the wave looks good, but it just doesn't perform at all.

Now keep in mind my quick fills don't work and I just got a call stating they can be installed on the 12th. I don't know if that will change anything. I'd rather not have to spend $500 on lead, or other bags as I sort of figured this boat would be ready to ride as is (minus the 1100 bag I put in the locker). So any thoughts? 

Also, my speakers/stereo worked for a little bit. But are now clicking/popping again. I even turned the stereo off and they clicked/popped until I flipped the actual stereo switch.

The quickfills will absolutely make a difference. You can still cycle them manually. That's what I did until my Valterra's arrived. With only 1 other person on the boat, I do think you'll need to add lead at some point. Or, a bigger crew.

1 hour ago, 49faith said:

The quickfills will absolutely make a difference. You can still cycle them manually. That's what I did until my Valterra's arrived. With only 1 other person on the boat, I do think you'll need to add lead at some point. Or, a bigger crew.

Even with the stock bag it looks like the bag will hold the handle down, unless the valterras have a different setup to them. I guess next time I can open the valves, then fill the bag after the quick fills are done. Should I do them both, or just port side?

Nolance    18
55 minutes ago, Specialblend07 said:

Even with the stock bag it looks like the bag will hold the handle down, unless the valterras have a different setup to them. I guess next time I can open the valves, then fill the bag after the quick fills are done. Should I do them both, or just port side?

I would fill just the side you surf.  Maybe throw a couple hundred pounds up front too.  I like to run at 10.8

On 5/3/2017 at 10:25 AM, Specialblend07 said:

Yeah Like H said, I'll try it first and see what happens. I believe this is what I'd need https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-divider-panel-saver.html But can't I just buy these at a hardware store?

Also, I saw you're in Orono? My GF and I are on Harrisons, we go out pretty much every day in the summer. You'll probably see us at Fletchers or at Big.

Nice...Are you on the lake?  We live across the street from Crystal Bay.  If you're ever on Shadywood (cty rd 19) you'll see our Black/silver 226 in the driveway.  Most of our lake time is done on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings.  We do most of are surfing on North Arm when its not too crowded and hang out at Fletcher's quite a bit.  Big Island is a little hit or miss. We look forward to running in to ya to say hello and compare notes.

49faith    4
1 hour ago, Specialblend07 said:

That is true. You have to open the QF before you fill the bag. I read an old post on here once that said the QF tanks don't actually fill all the way until the bags weight the rear down. So I was opening the valves and then started to fill the bags. When the bag water got to the level where I couldn't easily move it, I closed the valve.

Definitely do surf side QF. Right now on my 21 I fill both and then while we're at surf speed I start to feather the opposite side switch to let a little water out. I just help shape the wave this way.

You'd think they could angle the valve so the handle opens into the engine bay since there is so much room there. 

Thanks for the pointers, I'll try this next time. Hopefully it helps out!

49faith    4
41 minutes ago, Specialblend07 said:

You'd think they could angle the valve so the handle opens into the engine bay since there is so much room there. 

Thanks for the pointers, I'll try this next time. Hopefully it helps out!

When you get your Valterra's, you'll see that there is an opportunity to do that. You just have to notch the engine divider so the handle has room to travel for opening. Good luck!