Sign in to follow this  
Idaho Mike

Revo 8's

Idaho Mike    29

Has anybody attempted to install the 8" speakers where the two sets of 6.5" speakers are located in the main cabin yet? I have an '09 SV240, which has two 6.5" speaker openings on the port and starboard sides right in the middle of the main cabin area. However, I've seen that this configuration is pretty ubiquitous on the Centurion lineup for years...

I'm thinking of replacing the set of 4 in the main cabin area (leaving the two 6.5's in the bow). I run all 6 off the same amp now, so wondering about amp options too.

Also, do you think a single 8" speaker would do better than two 6.5"? That seems like it might fit a bit better/easier, but if I could get two 8's that would be best.

Spec's here:

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/REVO8_spec

Basically mounting depth goes from 3.1" for the XS-650 to 4" for the REVO8. Hole from 5" to 7.1"

I'd like to keep the use of my cup holders in that location, obviously.

Thoughts?

Edited by Idaho Mike

Wylie_Tunes    146

I'm thinking of replacing the set of 4 in the main cabin area (leaving the two 6.5's in the bow). I run all 6 off the same amp now, so wondering about amp options too.

As long as you are driving them with a 4 or 6 chnl amp currently, no issue upgrading 2 pair from a 6.5" to an 8"

Also, do you think a single 8" speaker would do better than two 6.5"?

Obviously, You would not want to remove two speakers and only reinstall 1. One it leaves a hole, and 2, it does reduce the output, all be it not much. A larger speakers will naturally have greater output then a smaller speaker. It can play deeper then a smaller speaker, but that doesnt always equal an advantage in every in-boat scenario.

Basically mounting depth goes from 3.1" for the XS-650 to 4" for the REVO8. Hole from 5" to 7.1"

Dont overlook the 7" OD to a 9" OD.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Has anybody attempted to install the 8" speakers where the two sets of 6.5" speakers are located in the main cabin yet? I have an '09 SV240, which has two 6.5" speaker openings on the port and starboard sides right in the middle of the main cabin area. However, I've seen that this configuration is pretty ubiquitous on the Centurion lineup for years...

Also, do you think a single 8" speaker would do better than two 6.5"? That seems like it might fit a bit better/easier, but if I could get two 8's that would be best.

Spec's here:

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/REVO8_spec

I'd like to keep the use of my cup holders in that location, obviously.

Thoughts?

No, 8" won't fit in factory location without major modifications and I wouldn't do one 8 over a pair of 6.5".
  • Like 1