dreikorncr

Avalanche Water Strainer in Ballast System

dreikorncr    7

Does anyone know what size the water strainer is (1/2, 3/4. 5/8, etc.) that is plumbed inline in the ballast system of an Avalanche? Mine is an 06 and this piece happen to disappeared recently (no earthly idea how) but it needs to be replaced. For specifics, it is located just behind the left exhaust manifold. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

volzalum    280

On the '07 I had, the strainer before the ballast manifold was 1.25 threaded pipe, but for yours, you'd need to verify what size connection you have. Some were done with smaller 1" threaded connections. I actually took mine out when I redid my ballast system to increase fill times.

CO Surfer    289

When I spoke with Wakemakers about automating my ballast system, I asked them about adding a screen to the thru-hull fitting. He said that they have received complaints from people they've sold the screens to due to clogging/garbage getting caught in them. FWIW. Convinced me to go without.

stoked    1,039

Does anyone know what size the water strainer is (1/2, 3/4. 5/8, etc.) that is plumbed inline in the ballast system of an Avalanche? Mine is an 06 and this piece happen to disappeared recently (no earthly idea how) but it needs to be replaced. For specifics, it is located just behind the left exhaust manifold. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

Not to counter volz, but my 07 Avy factory strainer connected to the ballast manifold was 3/4. I ripped it out when I bumped everything to 1" lines.

I may still have it laying around, what part are you missing? I moved since then, so no promise I have it, but I seem to remember seeing it recently in an old box of ballast fittings.

dreikorncr    7

Not to counter volz, but my 07 Avy factory strainer connected to the ballast manifold was 3/4. I ripped it out when I bumped everything to 1" lines.

I may still have it laying around, what part are you missing? I moved since then, so no promise I have it, but I seem to remember seeing it recently in an old box of ballast fittings.

I am missing the plastic threaded piece that holds the filter and the filter itself.

stoked    1,039

I am missing the plastic threaded piece that holds the filter and the filter itself.

I'll check tonight, if I have it, it's yours

stoked    1,039

Here's what I have, is it what you need?

983a85f4ae16afdbc06e77be32eae439.jpg

dreikorncr    7

That looks about right!

stoked    1,039

That looks about right!

PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail for you

• Like 1