Sign in to follow this  
sabrerider

Latest attack on Water Sports

sabrerider    0

https://spotsylvania.novusagenda.com/agend…/CoverSheet.aspx…

There is an attempt to make a 200' setback on Lake Anna, va. Much of the Lake (almost everything north of the 208 bridge for those who are familiar with the lake) is narrower than 600' with several less than 400'. That essentially puts everyone who wants to do any sports into one area of the lake, competing with Large cruisers, high speed jet and go fast boats, and those unfamiliar with the parts of the lake north of many bridges (which happen to be the best parts of the lake for ski and board sports).

Any advice on how to fight this?

CO Surfer    289

Don't be passive on this! Put up flyers at the marinas and such. Get aggressive and fight back quickly. The people wanting to ban this will if the boating community ignores it.

stoked    1,039

Unfortunately one of our neighbors is the big push on this because he has a house on a point in a channel (near party island). No one else likes him in the neighborhood... I'd like to see them enforce the already 100' rule before trying to up it to 200'

CO Surfer    289

Bummer. I did a Google search and it looks like it's been an issue with your lake for awhile. I noticed Centurion (Fineline) stepped in previously to help. Might be worth letting them know what's going on.

stoked    1,039

Unfortunately the Centurion dealer on the lake could probably care less, pontoon boats and jet skis are a big market here

sabrerider    0

Unfortunately one of our neighbors is the big push on this because he has a house on a point in a channel (near party island). No one else likes him in the neighborhood... I'd like to see them enforce the already 100' rule before trying to up it to 200'

I'm not familiar with Party Island. we're always north of the 208 bridge and there's not many islands up there, even though this rule would actually drive MORE boarding traffic south, presumably closer to his location.

sabrerider    0

Unfortunately the Centurion dealer on the lake could probably care less, pontoon boats and jet skis are a big market here

I've already reached out to them, I'll let you know what I hear!

stoked    1,039

We're just past the power plant here, he has the house on the point next to the island on the left. He actually has cameras in his trees to try and catch anyone he feels is too close:

6dc81711af210ad9b0f83e460b30b500.jpg

You're absolutely right it will drive people down here. We're not worried about the 200' as much astute increased traffic

sabrerider    0

^^^ Thanks ^^^

I'm going to try and get down to the meeting.

I assume you're in the LKA WakeSurfing FB page?

stoked    1,039

I am (Jake Stokes). I won't be able to make it, we'll be up in Baltimore.

sabrerider    0

All,

We've started a gofundme project to retain a lawyer to help fight this nonsense. We're seeing this kind of thinking on all lakes in VA (Lake Anna, Smith Mountain Lake, Lake Kerr, etc).

I feel that if we can successfully fight this here, it can form the foundation for defense in other locations around the country. Please consider donating.

https://www.gofundme.com/VirginiaWatersport

Bongo Fury    640

Good Luck with your effort!! Unfortunately, a few can mess it up for everyone....just last weekend we saw a boat surfing in the narrowest channel on our lake....right next to very expensive houses....not to mention we are on the largest natural lake in Califorinia where they could surf anywhere else they wanted......in five minutes they could have been be in wide open flat water.

• Like 1