I have a 2016 Ri 237.

Saturday I got an engine awarning the Engine diagnostic code is SPN:1386 FMI:15. Does anyone know what this code is? Boat only has 30 hrs. Just did the 20 and 25 he maintenance. Water temp was 160 at time of alarm. Oil pressure and level were and are normal.

Tried acknowledgeing alarm and idling. The same alarm returns. Also tried disconnecting both batteries and acknowledgeing alarm with the same result.

Thanks in advance for your help!

volzalum    280

Rather than starting another thread, I also have a Diagnostic code: SPN: 4238 FMI: 0, "Closed-Loop Gasoline Bank 1 high" which I think is bad O2 sensor. Anyone else had this code?

post-555-0-96584500-1467648790_thumb.jpeg

Only thing I've seen for 1386 was aux temperature high, but that was a Volvo, not a PCM.

Edited by volzalum

I saw that for Volvo too. I don't know what aux temperature is though.

How about a sticky thread for fault codes?

acman    59

I have the same code on an 2016 Ri237 1386 15 and 1385 0. Dealer said he need to scan it. Was not on his list

acman    59

ditchgigger99 did u or anyone else find out what this code means

Danh    5

1385 code is a censor I had it on my ri257

Yeah.  After a lot of torment from the dealer, (he kept the boat for the entire month of July) he replaced a water temp sensor.

I think that I posted the table on another thread.  See if this helps.

SPN code table

257Tsunami    50

Question for all of you. Were you surfing or wakeboarding heavy when these codes came up? These codes can be common when the motor is being bogged down or running under extreme load. It is common with all manufacturers. These codes are generally related to the fuel and emissions systems. The O2 sensors start to get fouled and it throws the whole system for a loop, hence tripping codes and alarms. Running a lower pitched prop will increase RPM's, lower the load on your motor, and can eliminate the issue. I experienced a bunch of these codes with an L96 last year when we started running our suck gate. Because we could now run full ballast on both sides of the boat (and an added bow sac to compensate for the additional weight in the rear), we were exerting much more load on the engine. The prop I was running got the job done, but it was all the boat had in it. Therefore I was loading up the engine pretty good. The theory is that you are pouring the fuel to the engine, but because your RPM's aren't high while doing so, the excess carbon doesn't get pushed through the system the way it is designed to. This in turn fouls everything up. I was going to prop down but than we traded the boat. Taking the boat for a WOT rip to blow some snot out of it can help eliminate the issue when it acts up. .

This may or may not be the answer to the issues you folks are having. But it might be something to look at.

The code SPN:1386 FMI:15 first appeared while towing a wake boarder.  I only had 5 people in the boat ('16 Ri 237) including the rider with little to no ballast so I am pretty sure that I wasn't even close to bogging down the motor.  When the dealer replaced the sensor, the alarm went away.

257Tsunami    50

That makes sense. You shouldn't be having the issue I described doing what you were doing, unless for some reason you were propped really high. Glad the issue is fixed.