Combs19    20

Just got my Ri237 about a week ago and only have about 10 hours on it. Ordered it with the high altitude prop 1589 14.5 X 16 and seems to be working well. Haven't had the chance to try it out with a full load of people yet only a couple adults and kids. I'm currently at the 900 foot elevation level and wanted to order a spare prop. I'm think of try a different one for the spare and wanted to know what other Ri owners have or tried. Mine has the H6 motor and full stock ballast 5,100 lbs

Lak3surf3r    714

Mine is the Acme 1235 4 Blade Propeller 14.5x14.25 LH but I want a prop with more torque so I might go up to the 2079 14.5 x 12 LH to get more power out of the hole with the amount of weight I run.

Combs19    20

Mine is the Acme 1235 4 Blade Propeller 14.5x14.25 LH but I want a prop with more torque so I might go up to the 2079 14.5 x 12 LH to get more power out of the hole with the amount of weight I run.[/size]

Was the 1235 prop the high altitude prop that came with the boat from the factory? I'm thinking the ACME 1589 14.5 x 16 that came with my boat is a little to much pitch to be the high altitude prop that was supposed to come with it. I maybe wrong. Anyone else on here order there Ri237 with a H6 motor and the high altitude prop? What prop came with yours?

Kalidgh    37

Call ACME. I had the same questions, called them, told them my boat/motor/prop........they said buy the same one. So I did.

Their claim was eng/trans/prop is designed for a certain torque and engine load , you change the prop, you change it all. It makes sense to me.

What I was trying to accomplish was bringing the RPM's down due the the exhaust noise deafening us at cruising speed. In the end I, I kept the same prop, and had Malibu Silent Exhaust installed on my boat. Win/Win.

Combs19    20

Call ACME. I had the same questions, called them, told them my boat/motor/prop........they said buy the same one. So I did.

Their claim was eng/trans/prop is designed for a certain torque and engine load , you change the prop, you change it all. It makes sense to me.

What I was trying to accomplish was bringing the RPM's down due the the exhaust noise deafening us at cruising speed. In the end I, I kept the same prop, and had Malibu Silent Exhaust installed on my boat. Win/Win.

I already called ACME and they really don't have any info on the new Ri237's since it's the first year they have been out. They told me if you want more on the bottom end try a smaller pitch prop. I have no problem trying a different prop out but want to know if I even got the right prop from the factory. I'm thinking right now I was given the standard prop and not the high altitude prop like I ordered. If I'm wrong I'll order up one of the props Lak3surf3r suggested and go from there.

Cdifranco    463

Follow lak3surf3rs advice, i've been watching the forum for a few years now and clearly he has his pooh together, every boat he has had has had a great wave and he has shown us plenty of pictures and videos to prove it.

• Like 1

Combs19    20

Follow lak3surf3rs advice, i've been watching the forum for a few years now and clearly he has his pooh together, every boat he has had has had a great wave and he has shown us plenty of pictures and videos to prove it.

I think you right as well for what I have read as well. Might have to hit him up for his latest setup and ballast configurations water/lead? This boat is harder to tweek then I thought. First I need to figure out this prop thing.

Lak3surf3r    714

Was the 1235 prop the high altitude prop that came with the boat from the factory? I'm thinking the ACME 1589 14.5 x 16 that came with my boat is a little to much pitch to be the high altitude prop that was supposed to come with it. I maybe wrong. Anyone else on here order there Ri237 with a H6 motor and the high altitude prop? What prop came with yours?

yes that was from the factory for an elevation of 1500ft. Whats your elevation? Im waiting to hear back from my buddy Chad what prop they put on his new RI since hes up in Canada because his FS44 came with a little less pitch than my FS44 did (his had 14.5 x 13.75 and mine was the same as my RI is now 14.5 x 14.25). The 1235 runs perfect for me if im only running stock weight and up to 6 ppl but when I have 8 ppl coolers and 400lbs of lead it can struggle on my steep surf settings and runs at about 4200 rpms.

awww shucks ;) thanks man!

I think you right as well for what I have read as well. Might have to hit him up for his latest setup and ballast configurations water/lead? This boat is harder to tweek then I thought. First I need to figure out this prop thing.

I run surf ram full, counter ram at 95, center tank 50, both rear pnps full, center tab between 50-100 depending on how steep you want the wave, counter side QS tab at 65, cats at -20 for goofy and 10 for regular 11.3-11.8 mph. The bow weight is really touchy as well. I try to keep the rub rail as close to the water as possible but if its more than 4" out of the water then you have too much bow weight in. The wave is great with those setting but I like to slam it so I run 100 lbs of lead in the very back of each rear locker and 100lbs under each midship seat as well and use the same settings as above.

Edited by Lak3surf3r

Combs19    20

My elevation is right at 1000ft. It was my understanding when I order it that there was two options either the standard prop or the high altitude prop that came with the WWSC package (all the extra PNP bags). So I'm thinking there no way the ACME 1589 14.5 x 16 is the right prop I should of received. I wait to hear back from the dealer once they get the info from centurion on what prop is right. The 1589 seems to struggle with 3 guys, 1 girl and stock ballast full no lead. It's not a bad prop for just cruising tops out at 40 mph.

Also thanks Lak3surf3r for the setup help I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how it works.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

My elevation is right at 1000ft. It was my understanding when I order it that there was two options either the standard prop or the high altitude prop that came with the WWSC package (all the extra PNP bags). So I'm thinking there no way the ACME 1589 14.5 x 16 is the right prop I should of received. I wait to hear back from the dealer once they get the info from centurion on what prop is right. The 1589 seems to struggle with 3 guys, 1 girl and stock ballast full no lead. It's not a bad prop for just cruising tops out at 40 mph.

Also thanks Lak3surf3r for the setup help I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how it works.

No problem, I have the same package and thats the HA prop that came with mine. You seem under propped for sure. Unloaded my top speed is 35 at WOT.

Edited by Lak3surf3r

Combs19    20

No problem, I have the same package and thats the HA prop that came with mine. You seem under propped for sure. Unloaded my top speed is 35 at WOT.

I see ACME makes a 5 blade prop 2199 14.5 x 12.5. Is the any advantage or disadvantages to a 5 blade?

Dreamer    96

16" of pitch is too much for a wake prop. It is only a cruiser prop. If you are at elevation or plan on loading your boat down with ballast you need less pitch.

Donterry    7

I don't see anyone mentioning what engine they are running in their boat. I'm assuming that has to play quite a bit on your prop selection, right?

Combs19    20

I don't see anyone mentioning what engine they are running in their boat. I'm assuming that has to play quite a bit on your prop selection, right?

I have the H6 motor 450hp 1 to 1.72 reduction ratio and came stock with what I thought was a high altitude prop of 14.5 x 16 but now think I got the wrong prop right from the factory.

CO Surfer    289

Even my SV233 with the H5 engine is a 14x14.25. It is the high altitude option. Same 1.72 ratio.

Lak3surf3r    714

I have the H6 motor 450hp 1 to 1.72 reduction ratio and came stock with what I thought was a high altitude prop of 14.5 x 16 but now think I got the wrong prop right from the factory.

same motor and vdrive in my RI too but sounds like they put the wrong prop on yours.

Combs19    20

I think they did for sure! Was out today every thing setup like Lak3surf3r suggested but no lead (worked great). When one guy was surfing and the other driving plus two women in the boat it was showing 4300 rpm at 11.8 mph. With the cruise control off could only get 13.7 mph out of it. I'm thinking if I had 8 adults in it she wouldn't even get up to surf speed. Thinking Centurion owes me the correct prop!

• Like 1

Combs19    20

Has anyone thought about put a 15" on there Ri? I'm currently showing 1.25" space right now with the 14.5" prop. Anyone know what the min space to allow for clearance is?

stoked    1,039

Has anyone thought about put a 15" on there Ri? I'm currently showing 1.25" space right now with the 14.5" prop. Anyone know what the min space to allow for clearance is?

I was told by Acme no less than 3/4"

Combs19    20

I was told by Acme no less than 3/4"

Well in that case you could easily fit a 15" prop or even a 15.5" but not as many option in the 15.5" props from ACME.