Stretch

Survey for possible business

Stretch    409

Hey guys, considering expanding a family business. If you want to help id love people to take this short survey judging general market feel. Any additional comments would be cool also.

If this is against rules sorry, please delete. Promise I'm not trying to promote at all!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YZ782N8

Cdifranco    463

Caught me off guard with those questions.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

You'll know my responses... My wife is a director at the WWF (the animal one) and sustainability is her life. She does seafood but works with the meat people regularly.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

In farming now you really need a niche product if you want to be successful because factory farms can just pump out product so cheaply.

As of now we sell a small herd such as this direct to vets across the state and only in bulk. I'm considering taking it and expanding it some to include general public.

Unfortunately most general people don't have like 3 grand to drop and freezer space for a whole animal, even though we drop it to 4 dollars a pound (ground,filet,ribeye,all of it)

Unfortunately freezer space to allow for people to pick and choose cuts is a massive undertaking and I'm not taking a loan out on a farm. So trying to really know what I'm looking at before wading in.

Edited by Stretch

stoked    1,039

In farming now you really need a niche product if you want to be successful because factory farms can just pump out product so cheaply. As of now we sell a small herd such as this direct to vets across the state and only in bulk. I'm considering taking it and expanding it some to include general public. Unfortunately most general people don't have like 3 grand to drop and freezer space for a whole animal, even though we drop it to 4 dollars a pound (ground,filet,ribeye,all of it) Unfortunately freezer space to allow for people to pick and choose cuts is a massive undertaking and I'm not taking a loan out on a farm. So trying to really know what I'm looking at before wading in.

My grandfather owned a butcher shop when I was a kid, so we did just what you're saying here. We had a freezer dedicated for a cut up animal and another for food we grew and froze. That was our food for the entire year. Except in the hunting and prepper communities, I don't think you see a lot of dedicated giant freezers for food anymore