Is that the 2017 238? Because I have had a hell of a time getting the wave to surf good on the regular/port side. Any advice would be great

Our's is a 2016. This wave was with 15 people in the boat and the stock ballast full. I used about 50% on the center trim tab and messed around with the surf side trim tab untill the wave cleaned up. It was an awesome wave!!!! dont typically have 16 people total out on the boat but when you do the boat really comes alive. With all that weight and surfing at 11.4 mph the boat got to speed no problem and was running around 3700 rpms. I WAS IMPRESSED to say the least.

• Like 1

I tried something a little different this weekend with my surf wave. Seemed to be a little better than the listing method I have been preaching. This is all stock ballast (for all of us without the upgraded systems YET!) I ran 100% port rear, 0% starboard Rear, 100% port quick fill, 100% starboard quick fill, 100% bow bag, 100% center (under floor) tank. I was running 11.2-11.4 MPH and mostly center trim tab but a little bit port surf tab just to clean up the face. I only had 3 people in the boat plus myself. I would usually run listed with that few of people, but after now being a believer in this boat evenly weighted (from last weekends MONSTER wave with the 16 person crew I had) I figured i would try to weight it as much as I could. It was not near the wave I had the previous weekend. But compared to the wave I use to get listing it, I say it was quite a bit better. It was a longer wave and seemed to be a little bit more pushy and peaky up front. I did have everyone sitting on the port side and 1 person on the back deck to give the wave as much as I could. Something to try at least.

Edited by Avalentines238

I got a really nice wave yesterday out of the stock ballast and not even listed. I ran everything 100% full stock ballast. Rear bags, Quickfill, under seat bow bag and center hard tank all 100% full. I just filled the tank up so that was even full too. I was running 11.6 mph. 0 center tab and very little (And i mean very little) left surf tab button. Regular side surf of course. The boat peaked alot higher than i was normally use to, as far as the bow rise. The wave was very peaky and had nice push. I have been a believer in the Listed setup by far. But the wave I had yesterday was much better than the listed wave i get. Figured I would share for people to try this way out also. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED even with stock ballast.

• Like 2

After reading all the comments throughout, and jotting down some settings I made up a cheat sheet to try for some starting points. Some use Stock ballast. Some Stock Listed, and some custom with additional ballast.

Some of the information is assumed for an alternate side, and in most cases. number of riders, their weight and distribution is not known.

Question on this...the custom ballast setups reference a 400 lb additional front bag. Any more info on that? Did you integrate it?