Sign in to follow this  
Manitou

'99 elite vdrive needs mods

Manitou    0

I know I want to install a ballast system instead of the 4 fat sacs with hose over the side we did for months. The specifics of the fat sac sizes elude me at this second, but we filled

1) the biggest in the port side locker.

2) partially filled another smaller one on top of that

3) another of the same size on the passenger seat side

4) smallest one on port side of the bow seating.

(Then move people around as we need to tweak)

I supposed I could replace the 2 in the port locker with 1 larger one to a voice the double stack and issues with pluming in a fillup like that (?)

DIY FAE (link to someone that actually done one on this boat?)

Next, horse mat to smooth out any roster tailing?

Perfect pass or other cruise control? Anyone installed one on this boat before?

Would like to stay around $2k or less for parts.

Thanks guys!

Manitou    0

Almost forgot.. Lenco trim tab/wake gate mod? How's that work with the "spray pockets"?

post-6036-0-17956000-1440370938_thumb.jpg

Ohsoslow    19

I would replace the ones you are stacking with one as big as I can get to fit in the port side locker. do the fast fill mod so you can fill under way. that way if you needed extra ballast you can still fill the extras where needed in the boat.

I built my system with 3 Johnson reversible pumps. 2 feed an 1100# sac in the locker and one feeds 2 tube sacs that run up the port side under the seats.

All the materials cost me about $2500

A couple guys on here have had good results with home made gates.

My boat came with perfect pass I upgraded to the GPS versions. I would think installing a full system would be pretty easy

Manitou    0

2500 including bag purchases I hope? sounds like a lot, maybe I'm not accounting for something though.

kylesullens    3

Hey man I've got the same boat. No ballast or PP, but I put an FAE on a few years back. Best mod I've ever done.

The boat had the stationary trim tab which I replaced with a hinged one (manual adjusted) and it works well.

If it hasn't already been done, I highly recommend a PSS shaft seal. These boats are old enough that the wax packing is going to by dry and brittle and needs to be replaced.

Let us know how your mods go.

Kyle

kylesullens    3

Hey man I've got the same boat. No ballast or PP, but I put an FAE on a few years back. Best mod I've ever done.

The boat had the stationary trim tab which I replaced with a hinged one (manual adjusted) and it works well.

If it hasn't already been done, I highly recommend a PSS shaft seal. These boats are old enough that the wax packing is going to by dry and brittle and needs to be replaced.

Kyle

kylesullens    3

Kyle