brads2002

2007 220sp convert to wake

brads2002    0

Hello,

A bit new to the Supreme world and looking for some help. The family has a 2007 220sp non wake package. It looks like part of the work is done. It has a ballast full/empty switch and there appears to be wiring in the rear storage compartment. There may be wiring under the spotter seat but i havent crawled under there yet. There is also a port next to the bilge pump, its capped and has what looks like a vaccum line running from it. From the little information i could find they outfitteded this boat with a wake package. Does anyone know if there is a bolt on kit for this boat? I have a call into Supreme to see if they offer.

The boat is direct drive.

Any other thoughts on this for a non factory setup? I havent sacked out a boat before but am mechanically inclined and excited to take on the project.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Edited by brads2002

brads2002    0

Unfortunately not at the lake today (its 90 here in NH) but will snap some later this week.

Cdifranco    463

Unfortunately not at the lake today (its 90 here in NH) but will snap some later this week.

Brad welcome aboard. As a fellow NH'er I feel your pain as this summer has been pretty cold up until this week, heck the water is still only low 70sºF for the end of July. If you find your self on Winnisquam let me know and we'll go for a surf.

brads2002    0

Well look at that! Next time you are near the sandbar keep an eye out for a black supreme out on a moring opposite side of the lake just outside of the no-wake zone. That is the boat in question. Would love to hook up for a surf. Thanks for the welcome and stop by any time.

Cdifranco    463

Man I see your boat all the time!. Such a nice looking boat! I am actually directly across from you guys on Lower Bay. If you break out the binoculars and find the red boat house you've found my black and red one! Hope to see you out there.

brads2002    0

Amazing, small world! I will be peeping across the way and stop by next time i see you out there. I have a little Whaler I snoop on the sandbar activitys with.

brads2002    0

Here are a few pictures of the boat. Had a few more but can only upload 200KB and couldnt post a shutterfly link? Thinking of starting out with a wakeboard only setup and adding on from there. The wakemakers reccommended 800 pounds in the storage compartment and a johnson reversable pump with 1" line.

What do you guys think?

I dont have a current through hole, what i though was is the impeller for the speedo pickup (intelligent tri) Speedo doesnt read accurately so need to dig in there too.

post-7277-0-96967000-1437596904_thumb.jpg

post-7277-0-41151000-1437596920_thumb.jpg

post-7277-0-13330400-1437596931_thumb.jpg

daz28iroc    73

thru hulls are not difficult to put in, just make sure you put it where you have enough room for fittings, and drill perpendicular to the hull.

I use sekaflex marine sealant, 5400uv, its a uv resistant urethane that is used to seal all sorts of things on larger boats. use a liberal amount of the sealant instead of supplied rubber gaskets.

not sure what to suggest for the bagging. I would think two bags in the rear compartment so that you can pick a side for surfing would be better than a single.

and then a single 580 or 700 along the side that you are surfing on. ( front to back)

brads2002    0

cool thanks for the advice. with that being said if going the 2 bag direction i am guessing it would require 2 pumps and switches?

I think i can get a decent sized bag under the spotter seat. There is a lot of room under there.

daz28iroc    73

I set up a brass valve system for port vs starboard.

so I run one pump to my rear bags, and I can choose with valving wether it goes right or left or both.

nice feature is that then I can transfer from one bag to both bags, yes it only transfers half unless you just stand on the side your filling. its not perfect but it was a way to not get another Johnson pump. as ive got three already its getting a little tight in the bilge area.

brads2002    0

Very cool, thanks for the info. Good idea and it would save me a little funds on setting up another pump and switch. Also glad to hear the Johnson pump is what you are running.

Why do the bags need a vent? Is it so they don't collapse when you drain them out?

daz28iroc    73

i have a jabsco and two johnson. johnsons are loud but pump like crazy. run big gauge wire as they draw lots of current. vent is not necessary but will let out the air so u dont have to. and water starts coming out when theyr full. just remember to run the vent to opposite side of boat. sovit doesnt drain with the lean of boat