crimson850    11

You would think that with a pro rider having to ride as much as they do, they would keep the maintenance up to a T but I guess this is not the case. I used to race ATVs on occasion (and still do every once in a while) and I had a machine that was used by a factory rider. The benefit to buying this machine was getting a quad that has proven it is good enough for the pros, and getting it already built with high end parts for half the price. I never had many issues with it and was satisfied, but for my next quad I chose to buy a new one and build it myself so that I would know the ins and outs of it. Did i spend more money? Yes, but I know the machine I have and how it has been treated. Its a risk you have to take to save some cash. Buying something used, weather it be a boat or an ATV has its risks. Luckily for you, your boat still had a full warranty, which is almost surprising that centurion would offer a warranty on a boat that has been used so hard (at least thats what it seems like from the issues you are describing) Hope everything works out for the best!

shawndoggy    49

Hey dark, regarding the prop... amongst many many other inboard brands, which are all going to more aggro weight and (and props), the 2079 is somewhat desirable (still a bit weaksauce being only 14.5" vs. 15" but I understand Centurions won't accomodate 15" props). I'd think you'd have no trouble selling it or even trading outright for something less aggressive to a Malibu, Axis, Nautique, Supra, etc owner.

EDIT: Actually there was a centurion guy in Utah on here in the last couple of weeks complaining that his boat didn't have enough oomph with a 1615. He'd be an ideal candidate to trade with.

Edited by shawndoggy

DarksideR    1,679

Hey dark, regarding the prop... amongst many many other inboard brands, which are all going to more aggro weight and (and props), the 2079 is somewhat desirable (still a bit weaksauce being only 14.5" vs. 15" but I understand Centurions won't accomodate 15" props). I'd think you'd have no trouble selling it or even trading outright for something less aggressive to a Malibu, Axis, Nautique, Supra, etc owner.

EDIT: Actually there was a centurion guy in Utah on here in the last couple of weeks complaining that his boat didn't have enough oomph with a 1615. He'd be an ideal candidate to trade with.

Thought about that. Figured SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE would want this prop.

Babylon    23

I believe that the Centurion Enzo FS series can accommodate a 15-inch prop. That's what they use with the 550 engine (I think).

volzalum    280

My 2015 FS44 with the 550 HP engine does have the 15" prop and has sufficient clearance.