Stretch

Help me plan a new ballast system? Or not?

Stretch    409

Well the sprinklers are getting chucked so I will at least bypass it

Stretch    409

I was doing good.. I got this...

da346ceb0f1e98ade125c26028200e04.jpg

Does not look at all like back of switches in diaghrams

Stretch    409

I can't stand messy wiring... It's such a nest back there I'm considering just paying someone to wire the pumps

Stretch    409

Wylie says I need relays so I'm trying to figure out my next steps. Electricity isn't my thing...

Wylie_Tunes    146

SInce they are a standard Carling .75 x 1,5 switch body, just pop them out and replace them with the proper Carling DPDT switch. Odds are the current actuators will fit them or just go with a custom labeled actuator that some supply with their switches.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

SInce they are a standard Carling .75 x 1,5 switch body, just pop them out and replace them with the proper Carling DPDT switch. Odds are the current actuators will fit them or just go with a custom labeled actuator that some supply with their switches.

since they are the sandard body can i just buy the body from wake makers and use covers from my switches?

DarksideR    1,679

Don't see any rockers for ballast.?

Stretch    409

Don't see any rockers for ballast.?

I was under the impression the actual rocker cover for my switches should work on that body

DarksideR    1,679

I was under the impression the actual rocker cover for my switches should work on that body

Oh... yeah, probably. Pop one off and see if they look the same.

And, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that that strainer is connected to your ballast puppy!? Those hoses look awfully large and heavy duty to be ballast. Like someone else said above, looks more like the raw water cooling line.

Edited by DarksideR

Stretch    409

Oh... yeah, probably. Pop one off and see if they look the same.

And, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that that strainer is connected to your ballast puppy!? Those hoses look awfully large and heavy duty to be ballast. Like someone else said above, looks more like the raw water cooling line.

Yup it's weird.. That comes straight from thru hull and then to pump. The hose looks/is huge.

Kind of annoying considering rest of ballasts is smaller than 1". Just make it all 1" and be done with it instead of huge and too small

Edited by Stretch

volzalum    280

Yes, I bought the switches there and the covers from centurion when I did mine.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Thanks volz.I know the owner/manager of the local water sports store and called him and if they don't have any in stock I'll order some. Try to support the brick and mortar places around, he has saved my tush in a pinch a couple times

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I would get rid of that filter and find a way to split the hose to two 1" lines for your ballast pumps. It'd be perfect for that!

• Like 1

Stretch    409

I would get rid of that filter and find a way to split the hose to two 1" lines for your ballast pumps. It'd be perfect for that!

Hmm this has given me new ideas. So it appears the stock ballast puppy is functional, I tested voltage on wires coming into it and it wasn't getting any juice at all. So that means I may now have 4 functional pumps.

I could use all 4 (running 2 off the massive stock thru hull) or sell one of the johnsons or sell the old puppy

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Sooooo it's actually just super thick double walled 1 inch hose...

7c8781fdc3c7e8827251cca2cbaaf5f8.jpg

Damn! Oh well.

Johnsons installed but not yet wired.. Still working on new rocker switches.

8ccb803f2554098875f894afb7bed3a9.jpg

e3535f7f064470af18450132f86d19a4.jpg

Stock overflow lines are 3/4 inch. Using a reducer and a little 1 inch hose to make them vent lines. Figured a little bottleneck on vent wasn't that big of a deal.

Edited by Stretch

Stretch    409

Should I hang this on the wall or burn it?

e675394bf2cdbcaa23b1d222856f7f5e.jpg

It was the problem child. Removal of this and water going everywhere.

DarksideR    1,679

BURN IT.

LOL

Oh, and you can do things however you want, but is wouldn't mount the pumps in the lockers. The bags will push up against them and the metal edges of the pumps won't be kind to the bags. Try to mount them in the engine bay if possible.

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 3