Tommywalton1974

Before you buy that perfect pass servo..

My perfect pass was not engaging, so after calibrating the speed I realized the servo was seized. It could not be turned without using pliers. If it doesn't freely turn with two fingers with the key off try this before you spend 140.00 bucks.

I removed it from the bracket and opened it up, the armature was badly corroded. Water intrusion through the crappy silicone applied around the wires. Mines an 08 so if it's old, you may want to look at your harness. I basically opened it and cleaned it with electrical cleaner and spun the armature with a drill and 400 grit sandpaper in my hand. That cleaned it right up. Dielectric grease on the bearings, and resealed it with 3m acrylic.

post-5220-0-22272400-1401234498_thumb.jpg

This whole process takes maybe 10 minutespost-5220-0-89896300-1401234660_thumb.jpg

Sand itpost-5220-0-50960500-1401234858_thumb.jpg reassemble and surf. Mine works perfectly now.

BillC4    24

Great tip! Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Nick213    583

Thanks for sharing. And nice drill BTW! :)

duramat    462

Thanks for sharing. And nice drill BTW! :)

X2!!

Is that a Fuel? Love them M18's :thumbsup:

It is the fuel! I have the fuel 1/4 impact too. And a few more. Hands down the finest 18v tools I've had.

duramat    462

It is the fuel! I have the fuel 1/4 impact too. And a few more. Hands down the finest 18v tools I've had.

Couldn't agree more. I just picked up an M12 kit and I'm loving it! I call it the JLD edition (Just like Dads). I'm planning on the M18 kit here in the near future. Good stuff

Hijack over

Couldn't agree more. I just picked up an M12 kit and I'm loving it! I call it the JLD edition (Just like Dads). I'm planning on the M18 kit here in the near future. Good stuff

Hijack over

Dura, the m12 stuff is incredible. I've got some of that too. The line of available tools is almost ridiculous! And the charger charges both 12&18v!