kylesullens    3

99 Elite VDrive. Had the boat about 4 years. Runs like a top. However, I rarely get a smooth ride when at more than a fast idle. At high RPMs or WOT, the bow of the boat bounces, sometimes quite violently. Something is out of alignment, because a boat this long should glide across the water (especially glass!) without so much as a bump.

I have the small metal plate below the exhaust ports that is quasi-adjustable. Dealers and mechanics tell me to drop that down as far as it will go. I've done that (in both directions), and there is only marginal improvement. Any suggestions on what to do here? Is there an aftermarket wake plate (?) product that will give me a smooth ride?

Thanks for any info

You need a hydraulic or electric trim tab that you can adjust on the fly. I have a Bennett and there is also Lenco.

kylesullens    3

Thanks guys, I'll check it out. Any chance you can send me a pic of what these tabs look like on the boat? Also, is this something the do-it-yourselfer can install, or is it better left to a boat shop?

boardjnky4    8

You can DIY the install of it. Quick google images search:

avalanchehull.jpg

This is a boat with the factory installed bennett trim plate

Bigcatpt    408

Interesting I took that picture :secret:

Kevin you are Googleinfamous!!! LOL

Edited by Bigcatpt

kylesullens    3

I like the single trim plate that is pictured. It is much the same as my fixed (un-moveable) trim plate that is currently on the boat:

trimplate.jpg

All of the trim plates I've found online are sold in pairs. Is there a supplier that sells single plates (with Hydraulic units, etc)? Will a single plate be effective on an Elite V? Thanks!

Edited by kylesullens

Mines an 02 elite v with the bennett as pictured and works great. To bad your boat didnt come stock with it. Boats like these need to have them come standard.

Audionly101    39

I have an extra trim tab for sale for an elite v. It is the tab only without a ram, but you can get a lenco electric ram for it which is very easy to install. Shoot me a PM if you want it!

Jbuck    0

Would anyone post part numbers for the ram's they use factory. I am going to make my own plate but am having a hard time deciding which rams to use.