Lak3surf3r    714

Sorry to bring back an old thread but Danny from boarders magazine has been testing this on severa boats lately and says it works quite well. If anyone is interested in doing the tabs here is a simple no drill solution for $599.

http://www.wakesurfshaper.com/

RhuntIII    555

600 dollar crap

Lak3surf3r    714

600 dollar crap

Do you have any insight on it? Its not available to buy yet so im wondering why you say that. Im just going off what Danny told me and it seems to be on par to do what everyone in this thread is set out to accomplish with a no drill solution. i have no affiliation with this product by the way, nor does my FS44 need it or any help with something like this I just saw it in instagram and thought some people may be interested in it.

DarksideR    1,679

I think it's a great idea for the guys who don't want to lean their boats over or need the extra help... but I don't think alot of us are too interested in gluing strips of velcro to the sides of our boats.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Do you have any insight on it? Its not available to buy yet so im wondering why you say that. Im just going off what Danny told me and it seems to be on par to do what everyone in this thread is set out to accomplish with a no drill solution. i have no affiliation with this product by the way, nor does my FS44 need it or any help with something like this I just saw it in instagram and thought some people may be interested in it.

It's a good idea, I'll give them that. Taking a triangle made out of fiberglass then velcroing it to the side of the boat, come on. This should be something used for testing purposes to see if the surf gate would work. Well, we all know it works. I wonder what it would be like to run a buffer with wax over the velcro strips. Also their web site was very vague, so back to a good idea. Could we help them out and come up with another securing idea. Like the suction cups used to carry glass panels.

Lak3surf3r    714

It's a good idea, I'll give them that. Taking a triangle made out of fiberglass then velcroing it to the side of the boat, come on. This should be something used for testing purposes to see if the surf gate would work. Well, we all know it works. I wonder what it would be like to run a buffer with wax over the velcro strips. Also their web site was very vague, so back to a good idea. Could we help them out and come up with another securing idea. Like the suction cups used to carry glass panels.

The suction cups would be a better idea than the velcro for sure. I was just offering some ideas up to the people who were trying to do this kind of thing to their boat. Its definitely an innovative idea that people could make very easily at home by plasti-welding some 1/4" urethane sheets together and attaching some of those locking suction cups to them. It would be an easy way of testing the proper angle and how far off the side of the hull it needs to be Dont get me wrong, I dont think that what they are selling is worth $600 by any means but could offer some cheap ideas for people wanting to try the deflection technique. I also was wondering if boardjnky4 ever finished his project that started this thread, since I read the whole thing and it was pretty interesting reading all of the ideas.

RhuntIII    555

The suction cups would be a better idea than the velcro for sure. I was just offering some ideas up to the people who were trying to do this kind of thing to their boat. Its definitely an innovative idea that people could make very easily at home by plasti-welding some 1/4" urethane sheets together and attaching some of those locking suction cups to them. It would be an easy way of testing the proper angle and how far off the side of the hull it needs to be Dont get me wrong, I dont think that what they are selling is worth $600 by any means but could offer some cheap ideas for people wanting to try the deflection technique. I also was wondering if boardjnky4 ever finished his project that started this thread, since I read the whole thing and it was pretty interesting reading all of the ideas.

It was a good find for sure and thanks for sharing.