Randy4life

2011 Avalanche stereo needs help LOL

LakeSurfer    10

David says it possible right here.. I remembered this from earlier which made me believe, yes you can?

I think Dave is just speaking to the fact that you can tap a tower to install the Pro485 since the tower is only pre wired for 2 pair of WS Rev 8/10 speakers. I would be very surprised if Dave has ever installed a Pro485 on any Gladiator tower.

Go hear and see Elite 95 set up:

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/5480-2009-enzo-sv240/

Edited by LakeSurfer

truekaotik    458

I will make it easier to read Lake :)

no matter how you read it, to me its saying you can use nutserts to space a pair (485s) evenly on the gladiator tower. I didn't mean to come across like he has done it...

I don't know, just trying to help Randy here... :help: nothing against you lake.... :friends:

Randy4life,

Its relatively easy to install nutserts (a large threaded rivet) just like the factory speaker mounting hardware so that you are not relegated to the factory locations. This would allow a little more positioning latitude for spacing more speakers on the tower. And its one of several methods to install Pro485s on a flat arch-type tower.

David

Earmark Marine

Edited by truekaotik

LakeSurfer    10

True: I am hoping that he can do it and I definitley may have misunderstood what Dave meant (you, Dave, Wyle are definitely the experts). However, just from a practical standpoint, I dont think it will work. And even if you can hang them some how, it will not be "straight" across the back of the tower). I know when Dave and I talked about my system, we moved very quickly from the idea of two 485s.

Edited by LakeSurfer

truekaotik    458

True: I am hoping that he can do it and I definitley may have misunderstood what Dave meant (you, Dave, Wyle are definitely the experts). However, just from a practical standpoint, I dont think it will work. And even if you can hang them some how, it will not be "straight" across the back of the tower). I know when Dave and I talked about my system, we moved very quickly from the idea of two 485s.

OH no doubt about the "i don't think it will work"... especially after the pick Randy posted :question: .... I was just trying to shine hope of someone else's knowledge on a boat I have no idea about, :unsure: when it comes to that tower.....

LakeSurfer    10

THAT BOAT IS SICK!!!

That is a very nice install. Those are Pro 60s next to that Pro485. So you can definitely see how hard it would be to put 2 Pro 485s on the Gladiator tower. But with that said, I really hope I am wrong.

Randy4life    0

might have to start looking for some used PRO80's and sell one of my PRO485 :(

truekaotik    458

might have to start looking for some used PRO80's and sell one of my PRO485 :(

at least the warm sound of some rev8's :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HEHE just teasing man, pick what you want...

Randy4life    0

think i could do the pro485 and 2 sets of pro80 or would i want to get the rev8 if i cant find used ones?

Randy4life    0

i wanted to do all rev10 and a rev410 when they came out these pro 485 were to just get me by till next season when all the new looking amps are out this put a money wrench in that plan now that they wont fit LMAO i dont know what to do i might just list these forsale up here and order 2 sets of rev10 and if the rev410 will fit when they are out ill get one of them i am so confused right now lol

LakeSurfer    10

I think you will be able to get 4 Rev 10s and a Pro 485 (Rev 410) on the tower. I will be going with a set of Rev 10s and a Rev 410. I already have the Rev 10s

post-465-0-81128300-1327890939_thumb.jpg

truekaotik    458

i wanted to do all rev10 and a rev410 when they came out these pro 485 were to just get me by till next season when all the new looking amps are out this put a money wrench in that plan now that they wont fit LMAO i dont know what to do i might just list these forsale up here and order 2 sets of rev10 and if the rev410 will fit when they are out ill get one of them i am so confused right now lol

don't totally freak out yet, you don't have the measurements of your boat to confirm it won't work yet :) think positive.... but if all else fails, sell one, get a pair of rev10's, rock that till whenever and then get the rev410 if it will fit between???? if not you already have the pro485 mounted???

whatcha think of that option if crap hits the wall!?!?!?!

truekaotik    458

I think you will be able to get 4 Rev 10s and a Pro 485 (Rev 410) on the tower. I will be going with a set of Rev 10s and a Rev 410. I already have the Rev 10s

We are gonna be insane next spring :yahoo: ..... JUST SAYIN!!!! bwaahahahaha

truekaotik    458
thats gonna be the plan i hoping on the positive side right now

Well Wylie's reading the posts so maybe he's had experience with the new towers???

Wylie??? Can you tap two 485's on a gladiator??

Edited by truekaotik

DavidEM    1

Randy4life,

We were discussing a Pro485 in the middle along with a pair of singles like the REV10 to the outside. Or, you could manage two pair of REV10s.

From the photo of that tower, even if you could fit side by side Pro485s which it does not look promising, I would have an issue with the appearance based on the profound slope of the tower.

David

Earmark Marine

truekaotik    458

Randy4life,

We were discussing a Pro485 in the middle along with a pair of singles like the REV10 to the outside. Or, you could manage two pair of REV10s.

From the photo of that tower, even if you could fit side by side Pro485s which it does not look promising, I would have an issue with the appearance based on the profound slope of the tower.

David

Earmark Marine

oh my fault, I must of read that wrong from the typo. :lol: .. I love karma...

Randy,

This response doesn't look promising bro :unknw:

Randy4life    0

damn! alright so now that we know that putting both up is out .... should i just buy the 2 sets of rev10 and sell these off? or keep one? would the sound differance of the REV10 and PRO485 make a big differance mounting them together?

Edited by Randy4life

truekaotik    458

I don't think youd notice a big sound difference, but I think it would be better to off the pair than each One single... Remember you still don't have your boat in front of you and non of us are sure it won't work, we r just guessing...

Edited by truekaotik