Sign in to follow this  
smitty1258

warrenty transfer to canada?

smitty1258    0

Had a bite today on the boat and he was from Canada. He was curious if the warranty would transfer over to Canada, can anyone confirm of deny this for me so I can give him better information?

THANKS!

boatman    0

Bought my boat into Canada. Motor still had a years warranty on it. Talked to the guy at local boat shop and he said there would be no problems with warranty if I had any trouble.

rammer998    0

Can't see why it would matter what country you lived in.

On the other hand, nicve boat boatman. I almost bought that boat. It was the great deal!!! congrats

I believe MerCruiser has to be notified within like 15 days of the purchase.

On the Centurion part there is a transfer fee that has to be paid and it has to happen also within so many days. Look in the owners manual, I think it is spelled out in there.

Good Luck on the sale.

IROCNParts    108

I got mine from Arizona

had no probs getting warranty work done

I got mine from Arizona

had no probs getting warranty work done

Was your boat a new purchase or a used purchase? The warranty does not transfer to a second owner unless you pay the transfer fee and register as the second owner. New boats from an authorized dealer would be not be a problem to get warranty work on as it is being sold new.

Like I said it is detailed in my owners manual. I went to the Centurion Website and downloaded a couple of years ago the owners manual. I just found it on my hard drive. This is what it says about transferring a warranty:

Transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty

The Limited Lifetime Warranty Policy may be transferred (for a minimal fee) to the second purchaser during a period of 5 years from the date of delivery to the original retail purchaser.

Transferable warranty is subject to the following limitations:

• Originalowner’swarrantycardmustbeonfileandactiveaccordingtothe original agreement.

• Transferablewarrantyissubjecttothesamelimitationsoftheoriginalwarranty.

Fineline Obligations:

Fineline will repair or replace, at its sole option, any part covered under this warranty which is returned by the owner during the warranty period to Fineline factory or to any other authorized repair facility and which, upon Fineline's examination, discloses to Fineline's satisfaction defect at the time of delivery to the owner. In case of such a defect, Fineline will fulfill its obligation to repair or replace the defective item within 90 days of the receipt of the defective part at its factory or any Fineline authorized repair facility. Replacements will be warranted only for the remainder of the original warranty period. The repair or replacement of defective parts under warranty will be made by Fineline without charge to the owner for parts or labor. Transportation of the boat or parts to the authorized Fineline facility or Fineline factory shall be borne by the owner and return transportation charges shall be prepaid by the owner.

The replacement or repair of the defective part as stated in this Warranty shall be the sole remedy of the purchaser and the sole liability of the dealer and the company under the warranty and any implied warranties.

Transferable warranty is subject to the following limitations:

• Originalowner’swarrantycardmustbeonfileandactiveaccordingtothe original agreement.

• Boatmustbeinspectedbyanauthorizeddealerormarinesurveyorforany damage that may have occurred after delivery to the original owner.

Warranty Exclusions

The following are specifically excluded from coverage under this warranty:

• Anyoneotherthantheoriginalownerandsubsequentownerseligiblefor,and purchasing transferable warranty.

• Paints,varnishes,gelcoatsurfacesandcolors,finishdistortions,chrome-plated or anodized finishes, floor covers and any other surface coatings.

• Speeds,fuelconsumptionandotherperformancecharacteristicsbecausethey are estimated and they may vary.

Warranty

• Anydamageorrepairrequiredbecauseofmisuse,negligence,accident, collision, or impact with any object, or any improper alteration or repair.

• Anyboatusedforspeed,competitionorperformancedemonstration. • Thewarrantyonthedeck,hull,flooringandstringersdoesnotincludehardware

or other components fastened or adhered to the hull, deck, flooring or stringers. • Gelcoatdamage,suchascrazingcausedbyimpact,weathering,fadingorby

improper maintenance. • Gelcoatdiscoloration,blisters,bubblesorcracks. • Gelcoatblisteringcausedbyadversewaterchemistryorleavingtheboatinthe

water for prolonged periods. • AllcomponentpartsandaccessoriesnotmanufacturedbyFinelineincluding

but not limited to engines, gear trains, drive trains, transmissions, propellers, shift and throttle control levers and cables, pumps, blowers, windshields, canvas, upholstery, batteries, instrumentation and steering systems. However, where any such items are warranted by a component manufacturer, Fineline will, if possible, furnish the warranty document to the owner.

• Theinstallationofanyequipmentbyadealeroranyotherinstaller. • Anyboatwhichis:(a)usedforrentalorothercommercial,militaryorindustrial

purposes, (B) used in boat racing, demonstrations, or similar events, © altered, modified, repaired or replaced so as to increase the cubic inch capacity of horsepower output of the engine and boat as originally manufactured.

• Thecompanyreservestherighttoimproveitsproductsthroughchangesin design or material without obligation to incorporate such changes in products of prior manufacture.

Other Warranty Limitations

• Thiswarrantylimitsthedurationofanyimpliedwarrantyofmerchantabilityor implied warranty of fitness for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.

• Theremediesofrepairorreplacementatouroption,assetforthabove,arethe only remedies under this warranty. Fineline disclaims any obligation or liabilities for loss or use of product warranted. Loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss or any other direct, consequential, special, or incidental or consequential damages to the above limitations may not apply to you.

• Thiswarrantyisinplaceofanyotherexpresswarranties. • Thiswarrantygivesyouspecificlegalrights,andyoumayalsohaveother

rights, which may vary from state to state. • Thiswarrantyisexpresslyinlieuofanynon-contractualliabilities,including

product liabilities.

• ThedealerisnottheagentofFineline.Thecompanydoesnotauthorizethe dealer, or any other person, to assume for the company any liability in connection herewith or any liability or expense incurred in the repairing of its products other than those expressly authorized in this limited warranty. The dealer may not extend, or in any way change or amend, this express warranty.

Edited by CenturionSkier