h20king

stereo upgrade wetsounds on a double up tower

h20king    794

Thanks lake I apologize to everyone for the super long install thread my projects never take this long but I have been super busy with work and contract negations.I cant wait to hear the 485's I have never heard a set of them yet and Just took DOC'S Davids,Columbia's and your word for it that they were top of the food chain.The extra set of Bullet 770 coax should relay help as well I forgot to take side by side pics of the 650 coax next to the 770's I'm adding but there is a huge difference and they should put out some good mid bass I will get some pics to post.The system is a blend of all the top gear on the market just need to add an EXILE sub next year and ill have the big three covered LOL... did not plan it that way thats just how it worked out.hopefully next weekend ill be able to wrap this install thread up and finally have a chance to hear the 485's for myself...............H

h20king    794

Well I was busy today and got quite a bit done decided to do the LED lite rings another day and get the system up and running.I started by cutting a hole in the seat base to mount the last bullet 770 coax got it mounted and wired made the final connections at the WS 420 EQ then moved on to re wiring the tower.First I had to remove the 485's man are they heavy definitely a two man job.I then drilled holes in all four locations three on the tower and one in the boat I mirrored what the factory did on the other side.The second wire you see in the pic is a future for LED speaker rings.Here are some pics and a quick video the mic on the camera does not do this system justice I will post a better one tomorrow after I finish cleaning things up tuning the system as all the gains and adjustments are just how I got them from DOC and put everything back together let me know what you think.................H

post-777-0-13619700-1301101416_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-67385100-1301101429_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

notice the size difference between the 650 and the 770 coax

post-777-0-11191500-1301101553_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-10294100-1301101565_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

quick vid better one to come................H

Edited by h20king

Wake it Up!    1

Sounds great man! I am going to be installing my 485s here in a few days. I cant wait to hear them in person.

Carter13    69

Sounds great man! I am going to be installing my 485s here in a few days. I cant wait to hear them in person.

Are you really going to put a pair of 485's on your G Force tower? Mine wobbles bad enough with a pair of Pro 80's on it.

h20king    794

Thanks Wake the camera does not do the 485's justice they are so clear and loud and I have not tuned the system yet.I had a DB meter in the boat yesterday just the interior speakers were reading over a 105db and crystal clear and I did not have the volume up but a quarter of the way.The system is absolutely over the top and I could not be happier.I am now a wetsounds believer and cant wait to hear what the system will do when tuned.................H

h20king    794

Well its finally done.I cleaned up all the wiring zip tied and wrapped all the exposed wires in corrugated plastic tube and then set the gains on the amps.The system is stupid loud and crystal clear but I am thinking a sub upgrade might be in order to compliment the other gear.Here are a couple pictures of the finished install and one more video.When I do the speaker and cup holder LED'S I will do them in their own thread as I got something a little different planed............H

post-777-0-90206500-1301183963_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-08810800-1301183983_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Here is the last video the extra clamps on the tower are for a custom LED exmiter lite bar when i get it started I will post up...........H

h20king    794

Before someone asks what the red thing on my seat with the centurion head is and where they can get one...You cant it is a throw cushion my wife did it up last year when she did her boat pillows I use it for a little boost in height so I don't have to use the flip up bolster much more comfortable.If your wife is handy with a sewing machine it was super easy to do........H

Wake it Up!    1

Are you really going to put a pair of 485's on your G Force tower? Mine wobbles bad enough with a pair of Pro 80's on it.

Yeah, I have had the tower loaded down with plenty more than 70 lbs of speakers and it does fine, not to mention pulling a giant tube with two people on it plus whipping them all around back and fourth and no problems. I contacted Proflight and they said it will be fine. I will probably remove them from the tower during towing unless it is a huge pain in the tush, in that case I will just let it ride and see how it plays out. Worst case is a new bigger and better tower.

h20king    794

A couple pics of the finished product.Big thanks go to Wakedoc,Tim at wetsounds,and Dave at earmark all three great guys who went out of their way to answer all of my questions and help make my upgrade possible the 485'are just simply amazeing.............H

post-777-0-04252100-1303055456_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-37936400-1303055497_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Here are a couple pics of the Pro 485;s outside in the sunlight where they belong I think they look so much better.I love these things they are so bad A** It is unbelievable how hard they pound and how clear they are even up close. I cant wait to get them out on the water...............H

post-777-0-41229000-1304349587_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-38862800-1304349596_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Man do I love these things here are a couple more pics to finish the thread one with the new speakersox covers and one of them on the water where they belong..............................................H

post-777-0-94762900-1310308140_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-31059400-1310308218_thumb.jpg

zetchvp    0

Sweet. I really like the second pic of the whole get-up put together on the water. Whats up with the little duck scarecrow?

h20king    794

Sweet. I really like the second pic of the whole get-up put together on the water. Whats up with the little duck scarecrow?

The little scarecrows are just that scarecrows except for Canadian geese seems the geese came to visit Oregon and liked it so much they decided to stay they are a problem and make a huge mess but the little scarecrows on the dock seem to help keep them away.........................H

zetchvp    0

I know of another good way to get rid of geese...:2guns:

...or if they get REEEEALLY bad, go big... =@