BigWillOKC

Help with boat set up and new wakesurf board please?

duffymahoney    10

How far up does the arm reach under the passenger seat? is there any storage at all under that seat or is it all sac? Mine goes to the large locker under the observer seat.

All sac:) You can have the custom sac go as far forward as you want.

Edited by duffymahoney

BigWillOKC    1

Ok one more question and I will have enough to keep me busy for a while. :) I have an extra mayfair pump in the garage, if i wanted to run two pumps on the custom sac, would i have to cut holes in the boat for vent/fill/drain? I was thinking i could run both pumps electrical off of my existing port switch and splice the second pump hoses into the starboard ones so that both pumps could fill the custom sac using both sides of the boat to fill/drain without having to modify the hull. Thoughts?

LakeSurfer    10

How far up does the arm reach under the passenger seat? is there any storage at all under that seat or is it all sac?

I have custom sacs on both sides. Those sacs will take up all of the space under the seats and back locker when full. However, the great thing about sacs is that when they are empty you get all of the space back. When you are surfing, you will have the back locker and under the seats on the side you are not surfing. You will also have the observer's locker and all the storage up front.

I go out all the time with 2-4 young kids and 2-4 adults and we have plenty of room.

BTW - if you currently have the hard tanks installed in the back lockers, you will pick up a lot of space. The hard tanks take up a lot of room that you will be able to use.

duffymahoney    10

Ok one more question and I will have enough to keep me busy for a while. :) I have an extra mayfair pump in the garage, if i wanted to run two pumps on the custom sac, would i have to cut holes in the boat for vent/fill/drain? I was thinking i could run both pumps electrical off of my existing port switch and splice the second pump hoses into the starboard ones so that both pumps could fill the custom sac using both sides of the boat to fill/drain without having to modify the hull. Thoughts?

What year is your boat? At a point centurion changed their pump system.

BigWillOKC    1

It's a 2007 Avalanche Storm with walk through transom. It has a factory hard tank on the port side right now with a mayfair pump screwed into it. The starboard side has a bag of some sort under the ski locker on the walkthrough transom.

LakeSurfer    10

LakeSurfer do you ever go to Lake Lewisville? I'm from OKC but we go down there quite a bit.

I live two blocks off of Lake Lewisville. Anytime you are in town, let me know and we should hook up and go surf.

duffymahoney    10

You could splice the 2nd pump with your current port empty pump and double the empty time. These pumps aren't reversible so it would only work for empty. A few people on this site have added more impeller pumps to speed fill. I have an older avalanche and have mayfairs to fill and drain my system.

Bigcatpt    408

You are going to love the Ginsu. It is a very light board so it is a little fragile so take care of it. But it is a much more aggressive board than the IS blue lake.

Get the custom Avy sac. You will not be disappointed! Don't do the Enzo sac! It is not a good fit.

My custom Avy sac dimension are

Main 22H X 24W X 52L

Arm 10H X 24W X 62L

I think it is a perfect fit. I would not change a thing if I had to do it again.

Mine is very close to Duffy's dimensions. I got his dimension and then on his recommendation changed a few things an inch or so.

BigWillOKC    1

Dang I already sent them a quote request with the other dimensions meaning the main was 24x24x52....should I change it?

For the Ginsu have you found a good bag to fit it?

duffymahoney    10

Dang I already sent them a quote request with the other dimensions meaning the main was 24x24x52....should I change it?

Go with bigcats specs. Very similar to mine but slightly better.

duffymahoney    10

Ok I will let them know when they call. Thanks

Also have extra ports put on the sac. Basically it future proofs it. I would say 2 fill, 2 drains, and 2 vents. Wakedoc knows more about this then I do.

Bigcatpt    408

With mine at 22 inches high it pushes up on the hatch lid when full. I don't think 2 more inches of height will help you any unless your lockers are bigger than mine.

I have a couple Inland Surfer surf bags that I keep my boards in.

Joe B    17

I have the 1100 which is 24" wide and high. 24" high is fine, just pops the locker if you fill fully. Just gotta watch bulging the sac on the width, meaning reinforce the locker wall which is easy to do.

I'd keep it at 24" high. It the wide part I'd re-measure.

duffymahoney    10

Mine also pops the lid a tiny bit. I usually drain until the lid closes all the way.

I live two blocks off of Lake Lewisville. Anytime you are in town, let me know and we should hook up and go surf.

Hey me too! I'll go and bring beers!

With mine at 22 inches high it pushes up on the hatch lid when full. I don't think 2 more inches of height will help you any unless your lockers are bigger than mine.

When I build a custom sac I'll go with 22 inches high as my current jumbo, at 24 inches high, really bulges the hatch more that I like. FWIW.

T

LakeSurfer    10

I have a couple Inland Surfer surf bags that I keep my boards in.

Mine is 22 inches high and by the time the bag expands with water in it fill all the way up and the locker just closes. I like my locker closing, but if I had 24 inches and the locker popped open that would not be that big a deal.

I guess my decision wold be based on how desperate I was for weight.