elc

PO Off Topic High Jack Thread

Big Po    1

None yet. I always leave my camera in my truck and forget to bring it. I have some of me and my buddies on my iPhone, but can't figure out how to upload them from it onto here.

Scratch that. I only have a few clouds and sky shots and one pic of the boat floating while I was standing by the driver seat. No "action" shots on my phone. I have some friends who have taken plenty, so I'll see if I can get them to email them to me or something...

Edited by Big Po

I know it wasn't the smartest choice, but I did it, and now it's mine to finish. I will pay it off, and when I do....I will start looking into houses, and possibly a different job. Once the boat is paid off, I can afford to be a little bit risky with my occupation, b/c I know i can always come back here.

That part right there is the most stupid thing hang on, is one of the many stupid things you have said. Do not wait for the situation to get bad before you do something about it. Be Pro Active! Start looking for another job now. Get some education, learn a new skill, promote yourself out there! Do side jobs, odd jobs, go work at McDonlads or something. You and only you control your destiny! Don't wait for someone else to provide the way for you, find your own way knucklehead. You got your head so far up your duffel bag you can see the target! Your lazy! You have a boat and think your big man on the lake because you have a nice boat but when the girls want to go surfing you can't because you don't have any money for gas, boards, or sacks. You might as well go to your local tattoo shop and get a big ol "L" tat on your forehead!

Ask TPRICE how his job started out! I promise you he had to hunt for his leads, because in FP, you are commission base only, unless you get a draw and it is less than you make now. He is a hunter, he jumped in the bush and fought and fought and put in long hours to get where he is today. Is he happy? I do not know, is it easier than it was when he first started? I bet so!

I am in Medical Sales and I have to hunt for my leads. If I just sit back and wait for them to come to me, several things will happen: 1. I would not have a job very long. 2. no raises or commission checks, and 3. I would not have a boat.

So get off your lazy, sitting at mama's house, eating mama's food and living under mama's roof, ARSE and do something else so that you can have things man. You are too young to be this stupid! Like DOC said, grow up and listen to us older men. Get rid of your boat and find you something that you can afford and not live like you are now. Because a $700.00 a month boat payment is NOT good for you since you only make $1200 a month from what you have posted on here. If my son ever thought about doing what you have done, I would kick his butt every day until the boat was gone or I got tired or kicking him.

I do have one question for you. How are you going to winterize your boat with no money? You know it will cost you about $350.00 at the dealer if not more. I just priced mine out here in ATL and it is $418.00. That will leave you $150.00 to live on for the rest of the month. I spend that on beer at a hockey game.

Since this is the new MOFOPO thread, I haven't seen and "action" shots of you in your boat on the water. Do you have any or just of the boat on the trailer?

No gas money to put it in the water or money for batterys for the camera.

islander033    2
.....I do have one question for you. How are you going to winterize your boat with no money? You know it will cost you about $350.00 at the dealer if not more. I just priced mine out here in ATL and it is $418.00. ....

If MOFOPO is handy enough, he should be able to do the winterizing himself for under $100.00.

If MOFOPO is handy enough, he should be able to do the winterizing himself for under $100.00.

Yes, should be. I have a guy that is going to do it for $250. Oil, trans, both filters, tank (Center), fog and impeller.

tprice    118

PO,

Hopefully you understand that everyone on here is looking out for your best interest.

Everyone has been telling you all along that you are not in a unique situation, we ALL have been in tough times with our jobs, family, finances but its what YOU do about it that will make you the person you become.

I will add $100.00 to that bet. As a small business owner with employees, benefits to cover, payroll, etc. I need to bring in 18k a month before I even take home a dime. Guess what? I need to bust my butt and make things happen, not pretend to act busy. I go out and find the business so that I can succeed and my business will grow. This should be your attitude of the family business. If not, then the best thing for you to do is leave otherwise your parents lack of business sense and ownership will bring you right down with them.

You have to do what's best for PO.

Semper Fidelis

Big Po    1

I do resent the fact of your accusation of my parents "lack of business sense" comment. We have had a business for 15 years strong. This year (the 16th year) has been unusually slow. Basically he only said that b/c he knows I need the money as well as our other employees. I do plenty of things here other than just "sit and look busy". You would have to understand the sarcasm. I forgot it's hard to tell that over text.... Anyway, I still do things here at work, I am always busy doing something. If I finish something or need to take a break, I jump back on here and see what's going on. If nothing, which is as of lately.....Then I keep working and then check back in a few minutes when I complete another task.

Alot of my job is computer-based, with blueprints, and quotes, and invoices and bar-lists, etc.... I stay busy throughout the day. He was merely being sarcastic when he said that.

And yes, I can winterize my own boat. It will also be stored in an insulated and enclosed warehouse.

Not that any of you care, and will probably find something wrong with that, as well.......

Edited by Big Po

Lol offtopic. But look at pos slogan "I need help" funny stuff right there.

Idont see po selling his boat, so whatare some other alternatives?

Another job?

A professional to help him out?

Someone is offering, and from the look of it, no charge at all!

Time will only tell.

Big Po    1
Lol offtopic. But look at pos slogan "I need help" funny stuff right there.

Idont see po selling his boat, so whatare some other alternatives?

Another job?

A professional to help him out?

Someone is offering, and from the look of it, no charge at all!

Time will only tell.

Not selling the boat....Especially after all the sh*t I took while trying to get one.

I will find alternatives.

I do have plenty of extra side-jobs that I do after my normal 11-hour workday.

I will check on things, and if I feel like I need tprice's help....I will be more than willing to accept it.

LakeSurfer    10

Why do people keep giving Po advice. We all told him not to buy the boat and that he would regret it. Well guess what, it now is to late. He already bought the boat. He is now going to have to live with it (ie. figure out how to make more money or sale the boat/loose some money). Po seems like a guy that is just going to have to figure it out himself.

Po: since you did not want to listen to any of our advice in the 1st place, please do not post another comment about how you dont have any money, how you are stressed about how you dont have any money, how you are having to work to much, etc. Because the fact of the matter is that you created this problem yourself. In addition, your story really is not that sad (just self inflected so I really dont feel bad for you). So you dont get to win the PoMe Prize :surfing2:

Now I suggest we get back to talking about boating (if you live in the South) or skiing/snowboarding/etc if you live in the North.

Big Po    1

I never said poor me.....I was being sarcastic, and stating how cheap my friends are, and how they all just use me. Like I said.....They sure won't be coming back up to go boating next year, unless they start slinging some doller bills my way.

And as for the self infliction.......Yes, I've been saying that the last 3 GD pages......Why had nobody else gotten that???

I never said my story was SO MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSES....Oh poor poor me....

I was just stating facts.

Basically, I am gonna have to mod my boat....And I'm gonna have to do it the budgetary way, b/c of my income.

If I could ever sell my 4-wheeler I would have plenty of cash for the next 3.5 payments, or the next 2 payments, then buy a sac and a board.

Yall are the ones who started in on my like a pack of dogs on a 3-legged cat, about how I feel sorry for myself.

I was simply stating that I am broke, and my friends are cheap as hell, yet they still expect a damn handout and a boat to ride on during the summer.

Now.....Can we just get back to what this thread is all about....

WakeDoc    471
my normal 11-hour workday.

SEE there is you problem only working 11 hours will get you no where!

11 hour days, I call BS that would mean you are being paid about $6.50 an hour per what you take home.

Also why do you always find the need to try to convey profanity n you post?

Big Po    1
SEE there is you problem only working 11 hours will get you no where!

11 hour days, I call BS that would mean you are being paid about $6.50 an hour per what you take home.

Well, I work from 7am, to between 5-6pm Mon-Thursday (we are closed on Fri....Not my decision). So, you have only factor in 4 days at averaging 10-11 hours a day.

By the time I get ripped a new one from being taxed and all the other things that come out of my check (health insurance, fikas, SS, etc...), I bring home between $300-$400 a week...B/c we don't have a set time to close everyday. And some of those days we might leave @ 4 pm....You just never know.

That's $1,200-$1,600 a month.

What doesn't add up?

Edited by Big Po

LakeSurfer    10

1. "I never said poor me....." - I did not say you did. I just liked the PoMe play on words :surfing2:

2. "Yall are the ones who started in on my like a pack of dogs on a 3-legged cat, about how I feel sorry for myself." - Another quote I am going to have to remember. Thanks

3." I was simply stating that I am broke, and my friends are cheap as hell, yet they still expect a damn handout and a boat to ride on during the summer" - If it makes you feel better, I ride all a lot with guys that dont own boats and make 10X what you make and they have not offered to give me money one time. I generally find that people that own boats understand how much they cost to own. So they are more willing to chip in. With that said, I bought the boat for me and my family. I am more than happy when people chip in. But I never would have bought a boat if I had to count on people to chip in for gas. Boats are a complete waste of money (but the best waste of money) and if you dont have the financial where withal to basically take $800-$1000 a month and light it on fire in your front yard, you should not have a boat in your drive way.

4. "Now.....Can we just get back to what this thread is all about...." - Please, I really do enjoy your random thoughts

Po: I like you and have made this site more interesting. I just hope people quit giving you advice because you dont really listen and that is frustrating to them.

Edited by LakeSurfer

So when is too cold too cold for you to surf? I am thinking that we might be able to go to November 15ish here in ATL. Do not know as of yet, but think that might be about all my old bones can take.

Big Po    1

LOL! I know I'm bull-headed. But being stubborn and determined has also gotten me out of ALOT of bad situations. I know it frustrates them, but I'm not doing it on purpose.

I just hate people betting against me. Just like the song says, "So go ahead and say I wont....." B/c I always will, and 9 out of 10 I will overcome.

I know. I bought the boat for me, my family, and my friends. My folks don't like it b/c it's "loud", and they're getting OLD, and at that age where they no longer like loud things. LOL I didn't buy it for my friends on the premise that I would always get chipped in for fuel. I have one buddy who supplies me with all the beer I need b/c he works for Budweiser, and gets it really cheap, so he brings me a few cases when he comes up for the weekend. B/c on "the outside" my cost per case is almost $20....So, 2 cases is $40 worth of beer, and that counts as his riding money. The other friends (that won't be coming back) just wind up drinking MY beer and using my boat and taking everything else for granted. Which is why they're on my sh*t list.

Big Po    1
So when is too cold too cold for you to surf? I am thinking that we might be able to go to November 15ish here in ATL. Do not know as of yet, but think that might be about all my old bones can take.

Well, the water table has been lower this year than it has been in years, and it's so low right now, I will probably have to leave work tomorrow early, and go load the boat on the trailer to keep the keel and prop from hittnig the bottom of the lake at the pier. Hopefully the water will hold out for 1 more weekend. But there's always water somewhere on the lake. I say mid-November will be about as far as we'll get to enjoy as well.

Edited by Big Po

WakeDoc    471

You have a 3 day weekend/4 day work week EVERY week and you have stress...LMFAO...try using the 3 days a week you have off to GET OVER IT!

Also why do you always find the need to try to convey profanity in your post?

Big Po    1
You have a 3 day weekend/4 day work week EVERY week and you have stress...LMFAO...try using the 3 days a week you have off to GET OVER IT!

Alot of work goes into having 2 houses Doc. I don't just "mooch off my folks" I do my own laundry, I take care of my own cleanup (which at the lake is an entire upstairs), I have to upkeep 2 yards thoroughly every week (one of Thursday evening when I get off work before I go to the lake, and the other on Sunday mornings), and neither one of them are small or flat terrain. I have to keep both the boats and waverunners clean, etc...

I don't just sit on my a** like yall think I do. My weekends are only semi-relaxing. They are not all fun & games and mommy and daddy do all the work. I take care of my stuff, and half of theirs at both houses. I also have to d the grocery shopping most of the time.

My parents both work 60-80 hours a week, and I match that, and pull more than my share.

Edited by Big Po