johnw    0

Hey guys looking for some advice on ballast. I have an 08 lightnitng C4 with the stock hard tanks. Looking to swap out my port and starboard tanks for a set of 750lbs. bags. I'm just wondering for the install if it would just be a simple plug and play setup once i remove the hard tanks, or is there quite a bit of modification required?

johnw    0

Ya I was going to go with the flyhigh brand. It looks like the 1100 would be a bit too big to fit in the locker. It looks like basically all I would have to do is disconnect the fill and drain lines from the tanks and reconnect to the bag? Also other than that connection to remove the bag once installed is there any other aftermarket connections I would need?

nope, dont think so.

just call and make sure that this is what is coming with the sac.

your hose should be 3/4 in, thats stock in most centurions so this is what you want.

[[3]] w736

[[3]] w742

and theres one more to connect the empty pump to the fitting [[w742]]

call some company and talk to them, they have the exact information and stuff you need.

i used wakemaker.com and had some trouble with the order.

WakeDoc    471

Once you remove the tank you can either screw the pump directly into the sac to drain and you will need (2) W742 and (2) W736 fitting one set fo thefilland one set for the overflow. I would suggest mounting your drain pump in the engine compartment, if you go thisrute you will need (3) W742 and (3) W736. One set for the drain, one set for the fill, one set for the overflow.

Also checkout the Crew Deal on ballast equipment from FlyHigh HERE.

johnw    0

Thanks for your help guys sounds like a pretty basic install. Wakedoc what would the reason be for remounting the drain pump in the engine compartment? Is it just so theres no risk of damage to the pump from the weight of the fatsac when full?

johnw    0

One more quick question. Wakedoc will that be (3) W742 and (3)W736 for each fatsac? Sorry might be a stupid question just want to make sure I make the right order. Also if I relocate the drain pump will i need any more 3/4" hosing to relocate it?

WakeDoc    471
Thanks for your help guys sounds like a pretty basic install. Wakedoc what would the reason be for remounting the drain pump in the engine compartment? Is it just so there’s no risk of damage to the pump from the weight of the fat sac when full?
It is one of two things I changed from my last set-up, I had them screwed directly into the sac and on occasion they would be sitting wrong and not prime. This time I moved them to the back corner of the engine compartment, just to the other side of the engine divider, see pic below. At the bottom of the picture you can see the channel for the divider.

gallery_66_113_31910.jpg

The second thing I did different was I installed new hose to plumb my port drain and over flow to the starboard side and my starboard side drain and over flow to the port side. So far it has solved the problem I was having with the pressure of the sacs bleeding water out of itself. You can either plumb it in as a direct replacement and put valves in the drain and overflow or plumb them to the opposite side of the boat. The last setup had quarter turn valves which work fine but, added a manual step, I wanted this install to be a flip of the switch install.

One more quick question. Wakedoc will that be (3) W742 and (3)W736 for each fat sac? Sorry might be a stupid question just want to make sure I make the right order. Also if I relocate the drain pump will I need any more 3/4" hosing to relocate it?
The W736 screws directly into the ballast sac, the W742 is inserted into the hose (see below), bring the red locking ring back and slide the W742 (elbow) over the W736 then push the red locking ring toward the end to lock them together. What it gives you is a swivel connection that is easy to disconnect and remove the sac to clean/dry out the locker. You are looking at a little less than $20 a sac, the alternative is to use the W737 (bard fitting), one for each hose, the thing I do not like is that the hoses coming straight out of the sac have a better chance of kinking

med_gallery_7_136_28654.jpg

johnw    0

Thanks so much for your help Wakedoc, really appreciate it.