Big Po

Possibly Good News!

Big Po    1

Nobody has anything to add?

LakeSurfer    10

I cant comment on pricing, because I find it to be very locally driven. Here is a clean 06 Avy for $30K in Granbury, TX (45 min south of Ft. Worth, TX) that you could take a look at. The Avy has an amazing surf wake (on both sides) and a very nice wake board wake. In addition, it has a ton of room for a 22ft boat.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/1792398231.html

Big Po    1

Good price! But it's got lime green paint on it.....Not really my forte'.

How long does shipping usually take from say...Texas to Alabama?

Yeah, see, there aren't many Centurion boats on my lake at all! They are few and far between. So, I think around here the prices are sky high!

LakeSurfer    10

Yeah, see, there aren't many Centurion boats on my lake at all! They are few and far between. So, I think around here the prices are sky high!

My guess is that shipping will take 2-3 days. For the $, tint the windows and add surf sacs and you would have a very clean looking boat. I bet that green will not look half bad once it is sitting in the water. I really think you will find it hard to beat the price. Heck, take a long weekend and drive to Ft. Worth and pick it up yourself. My guess is that will save you +/- $1K in shipping.

When I was looking for a boat last year, that was exactly the kind of deal I was looking for. I just got lucky and was able to buy a left over 08 Avy that cost me the same as a 3 year old used in Dallas.

You should be able to get a shipping estimate by using http://www.uship.com

I paid similar to what LakeSurfer found for my '06 Avy with 89 hours on it. Cost me $1000 to ship from Northern Cali to Montana.

http://www.uship.com/price_estimator.aspx?...mp;c=5&s=93

Edited by dkheppner

Big Po    1

That's not bad. Driving to Texas and back in any of my family's vehicles would cost near $750 in fuel....So, $1K to ship isn't so bad.

I'll do some more looking around.

I was really hoping to get a boat by this weekend....

David    0

It has been my experience that good things come to those who wait.

I not sure how long you have been looking but I have found that if it’s truly a good deal it will go fast. So be ready to jump, watch the ads in your region have the check ready and when a good deal pops up jump on it. I tend to like private party sales from people with service records. I got my elite for way under NADA back when gas was 5.00 a gallon. It was also a devoice sale. Don’t be in a hurry and find something you can keep for a long time.

Here what Google popped up?

http://montana.craigslist.org/boa/1762593677.html

http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/1766188102.html

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/boa/1727747910.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/1792183164.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1788377924.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...6&viewitem=

As for price, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Big Po    1

I have been wanting another boat for several years now (almost 3)....but have not had anywhere to put it, or store it overnight in or near the water. Now that we have a lakehouse, I am really chomping at the bit to buy a boat. Because it only seems fit to have some form of water transportation if you plan on having a house on the water.

I just found this one....It doesn't come with a trailer....but that might be more negotiation room. What do yall think about boat, price, etc....

Also, have you ever heard of, or dealt with this place?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-CEN...che-C4-95986979

Edited by Big Po

LakeSurfer    10
Just called about this one, and the guy quoted me $50K http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2009-CEN...0-Enzo-93465440

He had it listed for $46K a few months ago, but that was before summer was in high gear. I still would rather have that boat for $50K. You get a complete stereo system, blinged out trailer, better looking boat that is 2 years newer. I bet if he thought you were serious you could still buy it for $48K.

Edited by LakeSurfer

LakeSurfer    10
I have been wanting another boat for several years now (almost 3)....but have not had anywhere to put it, or store it overnight in or near the water. Now that we have a lakehouse, I am really chomping at the bit to buy a boat. Because it only seems fit to have some form of water transportation if you plan on having a house on the water.

I just found this one....It doesn't come with a trailer....but that might be more negotiation room. What do yall think about boat, price, etc....

Also, have you ever heard of, or dealt with this place?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-CEN...che-C4-95986979

So you would rather pay $30K for a boat that is a year older and no trailer than $30K for a boat that is a year newer and trailer/stereo, etc. I may like the color a little better, but I sure dont think it is not worth the $10K in price difference (between buying a new trailer, adding a stereo, and 1 more year depreciation) these two boats should have.

I really am starting to not understand your boat searching technique. But each to there own. Good Luck!

So you would rather pay $30K for a boat that is a year older and no trailer than $30K for a boat that is a year newer and trailer/stereo, etc. I may like the color a little better, but I sure dont think it is not worth the $10K in price difference (between buying a new trailer, adding a stereo, and 1 more year depreciation) these two boats should have.

I really am starting to not understand your boat searching technique. But each to there own. Good Luck!

^^ X2

When in doubt, regroup and re-prioritize your needs & wants. Make a list, include your budget (add a couple grand for boards, safety equip, etc and another couple if there isn't an awesome stereo if that ends up being a need on your list).

Don't impulse buy a $40,000 toy...just my opinion.

I almost impulse bought a Svfara in Utah, but decided to hold out for something closer to my needs/wants and found my Avy, which I love!

Big Po    1

Well, I had to change my venue of boat styles about a year ago. I was going to buy a 26' or 27' high performance boat....but had to change to wakeboarding boat so more folks could ride.

Well, a nice huge stereo is not really a priority. As long as I can play and hear my iPod while driving, and others inside the boat can hear it, I'm fine.

A trailer is not a must either.....Remember, I have a waterfront lakehouse. Storage is not a big deal...I can build a boat lift.

I have been looking at this Enzo and another Enzo for a while. One is new left-over 2007 with full warranty and they want $50,800. That's more than I am willing to pay for a boat. I don't make enough money to justify buying something over $40K.

I was only gonna go $37,500 on that red Enzo w/ Hyperlite decals. That's the most I'm willing to pay for it. Possibly $38,100 like Doc said.

I wouldn't consider it an impulse buy. I have been watching this particular Enzo for several months now, and it's still there. If he wants to sell it bad enough...He can sell it to me for $37,500.

Other than that...I'll keep looking.

I want a nice, red/black or solid red Enzo 230 or 240 for a good price, with low hours, that runs and looks great. Those are my main priorities.

Big Po    1
Wasn't this one listed for 46k yesterday? offer him 44k

I just called and he told me $50K......I'm a little confused how it could be $46K yesterday, and today it's $50K if someone calls about it. LOL!!

Joe B    17

Just to give you ballpark, didn't Bigshow ask $36k for his 06' Enzo 230 surf ready? Your Hyperlite Enzo looks about $38k.

A grand for essentials, $3 grand for taxes (unless you're one of those nice states).

If you don't want a trailer, there are a bunch of people on the moomba boards that want a duel-axle trailer. You could make a few $K there.

LakeSurfer    10
I just called and he told me $50K......I'm a little confused how it could be $46K yesterday, and today it's $50K if someone calls about it. LOL!!

I think $46K was Spring price. My guess is that $50K is the summer price. In addition, there really is not nearly as much inventory on the market as this time last year. I still think you could buy it for around $46K if you pushed.

Big Po    1

Well, I DO want a trailer....It's just not a big deal to have one or not. But prefer a trailer in case I have to use it for that X-factor....Ya know?

Well, I live out of state, and here in Bama, the taxes aren't that bad on boats.

So, $37,500 is not bad...is what you're saying?

Also, Bigshow's boat had 380 hours on it. This one only has 130 hours on it.

I don't surf, I wakeboard. So, I don't need and additional sacs and stuff like that....It already has the biggest factory ballast system available from the Centurion, perfect pass, etc....

Main reason I like it is b/c it's unique. Plus, it has all the essentials I need for boarding, and it has even more that are just coming along with the deal.

I checked NADA and it shows that it's worth between $45,255 (low) and $51,590 (high).

Apparantly all the centurion dealers on my lake deal by selling for MSRP or just below it. If that's the case, when I go to sell it, wouldn't that mean I could sell it for used retail...or just below it and still be ok? Since yall said pricing was different in different regions, and in Alabama Centurions are not commonly seen. Mostly it's Nautiques and MC's.

Pleae, nobody take it as me being arguementative...I am just simply asking opinions and stuff, trying to gain as much knowledge as I can before I purchase.

LakeSurfer    10
Well, I DO want a trailer....It's just not a big deal to have one or not. But prefer a trailer in case I have to use it for that X-factor....Ya know?

Well, I live out of state, and here in Bama, the taxes aren't that bad on boats.

So, $37,500 is not bad...is what you're saying?

Also, Bigshow's boat had 380 hours on it. This one only has 130 hours on it.

I don't surf, I wakeboard. So, I don't need and additional sacs and stuff like that....It already has the biggest factory ballast system available from the Centurion, perfect pass, etc....

Main reason I like it is b/c it's unique. Plus, it has all the essentials I need for boarding, and it has even more that are just coming along with the deal.

I checked NADA and it shows that it's worth between $45,255 (low) and $51,590 (high).

Apparantly all the centurion dealers on my lake deal by selling for MSRP or just below it. If that's the case, when I go to sell it, wouldn't that mean I could sell it for used retail...or just below it and still be ok? Since yall said pricing was different in different regions, and in Alabama Centurions are not commonly seen. Mostly it's Nautiques and MC's.

Pleae, nobody take it as me being arguementative...I am just simply asking opinions and stuff, trying to gain as much knowledge as I can before I purchase.

I have few comments:

1. If I only wanted to wakeboard (and had no desire to ever surf) I would probably look at picking up an older SAN 210, XStar or Bu VLX

2. If they are not common in your area, my guess is that resale would be less (at least that is how it works in Dallas). Because the stronger dealers are the dealers selling the most boats and have the most demand for used boats.

3. NADA to me is meaningless. When I bought mine, NADA was $55k. I picked it up for $36K. The only thing it is good for is when you go get a loan because that is what the bank looks at.

rizza32    0

Im with Lakesurer. Dont pay all this money for a premier surf boat if you dont plan to surf. You can save yourself plenty of money looking at Moomba and Tiges within the last few years. Here in the west I see a lot of Mobius V and Outback V for under 30K. Plus there is no tax with a used boat. The Centurion Avys and Enzos throw a good wake but tends to be fairly wide causing riders to bring there wake line in a little. The point of wakeboarding is to bump back and extend your line for max air to pull off moves. I would look into a wake specific boat like the Axis that ELC has or the others listed above.