guitarcrazy    0

I am at about 15 hours on the Elite V and need to start thinking about the 20 hour service. Anyone do it themselves?

WakeDoc    471

You could do it yourself but, I have always had the dealer do it just, in fact I have the dealer do all the service until the warranty is up, just in case something goes wrong I can't be blamed for not servicing something correctly, it’s not cheapest way to go but, does give me peace of mind and of course a break from doing maintenance which gives me more time to tweak and make modifications.

I think it is good to have the dealer at least to the initial 20 hour service just to make sure everything is ok after the break in period. Now that I think about it, isn't it a warranty requirement to have the dealer perform the 20 hour service? After the initial service, I tend to like to service the boat myself. You'll find a lot of guys on here like the peace of mind of having the dealer do all the work though.

Also, note to future boat buyers....if you are buying a new boat from a dealer, make sure they throw the 20 hour service in for you. I think it is usually over $300. I made sure my dealer threw that in so I wouldn't have to shell out another few hundred dollars soon after the purchase. That's hard to swallow. Dealers should have enough wiggle room in the price to include that in my opinion.

bobback    3

J...you're at 20 hrs. already?! sweet! I've put on a whopping 2.5.

Good point wakedoc made on the warranty concern, and the peace of mind. With our short boating season, I really don't want to have any issues, as if you do my experience has been a lot of places are 2 weeks out on service.