Sign in to follow this  
poosie

no more centurion

poosie    7

stopped by the local dealship to pick up and impeller and asked the guy if they had any new centurions on the show floor. he said they had been bought out by bass pro shops so they no longer had centurion only tracker. what the he** is a tracker? who cares i guess. anyone know the closest dealer to mpls/st. paul.

will post pics of impeller change later.

tgaugh    2

Is that Crystal Pierz that dropped them? That was the first place up there I looked at a Centurion, if memory serves.

poosie    7

yeah thats the one. bass pro shop or whoever bought them must have ponied up the dough to get them to drop centurion. im thinkin of a career change to sell boats.

tgaugh    2

Best way to make a quick million bux!

(Start a boat company with 5 million!)

Audionly101    39

Yes that sucks! :ball: The only other dealer close is Balsam Lake, WI. It is a smaller dealer but a dealer none the less. Luckily for me it is on my way to the lake we camp at all summer. It is just northeast of Hwy 8 outside of St Croix Falls. Poosie, you can always get parts for your powertrain (engine and transmission) at Forest Lake Motorsports. They are a Mercruiser Inboard service center. Poosie when are you getting in the water?

Bass Pro Shops and Tracker Boats are owned by the same company. So when they buy a Marine Business they only sell brands that they manufacture. So it would make sense to me that they would drop Centurion from the stores if they own them now. I would think Centurion was more than likely surprised as anyone was to have it happen. So they may have not had a plan in place to get a new dealer yet. But I bet they are working on it.

Do as someone else suggested and got to the next closest dealer and build a relationship up with them.

timmy    0

I bought the last of their enzos a few months back

I knew something was going on but was a little suprized to see bass pro shops.

enzo101mo    98

My Centurion Dealer packed up 9months ago and moved to Idaho and open a boat store there. The nearest Centurion deal is in Salnas, CA. that's 180miles away and I have to drive completly out of my way to go there. :ball:

poosie    7

Audio, i just need to replace impeller and will be good to go. if not this weekend for a short stint next week for sure. i need to dust of the wetsuits but cant wait. what about you and where will you go.

Audionly101    39

I am going to have a big install day on Saturday adding my new prop, power tab, lighting, tower speakers... and so on, but Sunday's weather is looking good so I am planning on going out to Prior Lake then. What is this wetsuit thing you speak of? It will only be cold for the first min or two until I numb up right? :drinks:

deanhavel    0

I got a sweet deal on an 07 SV216 last summer from CPM, I had a feeling they were done with inboards. The guy that did the run through with me didn't have a clue how to take care of an inboard. Stopped by this week for filters and oil and saw neither hide nor hair of a Centurion

poosie    7

yeah water still has to be in the 40's may be cold with suits on. never been on prior, dont think id go without someone who knows the lake. it must be up now though?

Audionly101    39

The water is up a bit, but it is still low from two years ago. The lake is marked pretty well for obstacles, but the docks and buoys won't be out for a few more weeks. I remember you saying you are a river surfer, you could go anywhere you want on the Mn River still, must be the longest I have seen if flooded. Maybe now it the time we need to start planning our MN C.C. gathering for this summer!

poosie    7

Yeah Id be in for that. I think next weekend Im going out on bryant lake as it will be empty and the main docks are already in. as far as the river goes we usually dont start until later summer when the water recedes. there is way to much debris right now from the high water but you are right i havnt seen it this high for this long either. we usually put in at the lyndale/35W ramp. start planning the mn cc get together. how many other people do you know with centurions in this area. have to go and replace impeller, last thing on list for this year.