CdnWakesurfr

06 Avalanche Boat Cover

I'd be willing to go with black or grey...my preference is black. I have an order form from Evolution Covers, if we have 3 others purchasing the same color we save 10%, not huge but still helps.

If you want me to send you the order form, send me a message. I will likely order later this week or early next week, to give some time for others to make a decision. Who's in? :innocent:

Cheers,

Heps

Can hardly wait to be :D

I'd be willing to go with black or grey...my preference is black. I have an order form from Evolution Covers, if we have 3 others purchasing the same color we save 10%, not huge but still helps.

If you want me to send you the order form, send me a message. I will likely order later this week or early next week, to give some time for others to make a decision. Who's in? :innocent:

Cheers,

Heps

Can hardly wait to be :D

I'm in - black. Who else? We need 2 more...

When it is done I can pick it up to save on the brokerage fees.

Auldman    0

Duramat, thx for the compliment. Bought the boat 6 weeks ago. Haven't even been in the water with her! Gonna do some work on the stereo this weekend and hopefully be on the water in a couple of weeks. Also have a hot water shower to install that I think will be VERY necessary early season in Idaho

I want a cover but only if we are doing a color other than black. I already have a brand new one in black.

duramat    462

Auld I hear ya on the shower! I have one and it's nice, what I really want is a heater now. Do you make it down to Bear Lake much? I'm hoping to be up there more this year :innocent:

dude_here    0

I thought I would chime in since I just went through this. I had a very frustrating time getting a cover for my boat. I first emailed Cory at evolution who was nice and helpful but in the end he said he didn't have a pattern for an 06 C4 avy. The next place I went to was Denham Awning in Saskatchewan. They make the covers for alot of the Centurion dealers around here and they have the hull pattern but there was a discrepancy with my tower mounting measurements and again they were very helpful but in the end I had to provide measurements. I didn't pull the trigger on that b/c I felt if my measurements were out a bit I didn't want an $800 poor fitting or non-fitting cover. In the end I ordered a cheap semi custom taylor-made cover from Iboats ($350 to my door). I will have a local canvas shop cut in and allow for the tower mounts. The tower mounts won't be an issue but over all I'm not happy with the fit of this cover. At least it will keep the elements out of my boat for the next few years. I'll be watching here to see what you end up with and will be going with a better option next time (if I can find one).

I guess I should confirm again with Cory that he has a template for an '06 Avy. The order form does allow you to verify the placment of the towers just in case they don't match the template he has. This whole boat cover this is very frustrating. I was considering a generic cover for the length, beam and generic tower placement (looks like velcro down the side, so it would fit most/all towered boats with boat dimensions provided).

Do I want the cover to look awesome at the risk having a $900 rolled up piece of cloth in my garage, or do I settle for a cover that doesn't look as nice, but fits.

:clapping:

Auldman    0
Auld I hear ya on the shower! I have one and it's nice, what I really want is a heater now. Do you make it down to Bear Lake much? I'm hoping to be up there more this year :clapping:

I want a heater too. Us NW folks need them almost all summer! Looked like it was going to be an early spring here in Idaho then started snowing last week and hasn't stopped yet. We have gotten more snow in the last 10 days than all of Jan and Feb combined. Meanwhile, my boat that I have never ridden in, sits and waits.

Auldman    0
Auld I hear ya on the shower! I have one and it's nice, what I really want is a heater now. Do you make it down to Bear Lake much? I'm hoping to be up there more this year :whistle:

PS I have a tentative plan to hit Bear this summer - meeting friends from Colorado. I'll let you know if it pans out. Your always welcome a little further north should you find a reason... :clapping:

Just heard back from Shell at Fine Line. The cost of getting a cover from them is about 50% higher than Evolution Covers. They should be able to match cover better because of the hull id matching their records. Anyone know who Fine Line contracts this work out to?

:ball:

So, I spoke to Cory from Evolution Covers tonight. Just today, he had someone bring in a 2006 Avy to be templated. He mentioned that he`s had quite a few Centurion owners contact him recently about covers and volume discounts. If anyone else is corresponding with him, please use the password “Centurion Crew“ so he knows we`re all part of the volume discount.

He reiterated the fact that Grey looks nice for a couple weeks, then not so much.

I am going to order a black cover next week, let me know if you`re interested, even if it`s just two of us, maybe we can swing a bit of a deal.

:ball: Duramat must be drinking some of grandpa`s old cough medicine. I`m hoping not to hear “I told you so“.

Heps

duramat    462
Duramat must be drinking some of grandpa`s old cough medicine. I`m hoping not to hear “I told you so“.

LOL funny stuff :ball:

DK, out of couriostity, did you make mention about color transfer, or any experience that hes had with black sunbrella burning vinyle that he may of had in the past?

dude_here    0
So, I spoke to Cory from Evolution Covers tonight. Just today, he had someone bring in a 2006 Avy to be templated. He mentioned that he`s had quite a few Centurion owners contact him recently about covers and volume discounts. If anyone else is corresponding with him, please use the password “Centurion Crew“ so he knows we`re all part of the volume discount.

He reiterated the fact that Grey looks nice for a couple weeks, then not so much.

I am going to order a black cover next week, let me know if you`re interested, even if it`s just two of us, maybe we can swing a bit of a deal.

:thumbup: Duramat must be drinking some of grandpa`s old cough medicine. I`m hoping not to hear “I told you so“.

Heps

Thats good to hear that Cory has that one in his file now. I would go that way if I was re-buying today. I'm going to see if the canvas seamstress that is retro fitting my tower into this cover can help with the fit a little bit more also. The back end of my cover kinda hangs like a sack o sh*t, and the seams don't match up any where near the back side of the boat/swim platform. Oh well, at least we got a dry-dock moorage situation so the boat will very rarely be on the road for transport.

Kevin    0

What's the final cost for an EC? With and Without the discount? I am in the same boat....no pun intented '06 Avy C4....plus does he have a template for all the towers yet?

What's the final cost for an EC? With and Without the discount? I am in the same boat....no pun intented '06 Avy C4....plus does he have a template for all the towers yet?

$815 for the cover. Discount is 10% if we have 4 of us.

Question: Is the only difference in design between Avy and C4 the walk through transom?

The C4 he templated has the same tower as mine. He told me he templates the boats without tower, then asks us to verify measurements (sounds easy) to ensure an exact fit. Even with the towers being factory, he likes to double check the placement. I will call Cory and ask about leeching color later today.

The cost from Fine Line was over $1200.

Just talked to Cory at Evolution Covers. He's never heard of the color leeching out of the material.

I was skeptical about going the custom cover route without my boat being on site for them to build the cover...not any more.

Are you in Kevin? TotalPerformance?

:thumbup:

Edited by dkheppner

Kevin    0

dkh, when are you looking to place the order? I have wanted one of their covers for a few years

dkh, when are you looking to place the order? I have wanted one of their covers for a few years

I want to place it next week. We can each place our own orders once we have 4 of us. We just have to give him a common "passphrase" so he knows we're together. Are you going with black?

Kevin    0

I need to check on a few things, but I will know if I am in by Monday. Black is fine.

I can't believe I did this, but....I joined TheMalibuCrew.com to try and find one or two others looking for a black Evolution Cover...

:thumbsup:

islander033    2
I can't believe I did this, but....I joined TheMalibuCrew.com to try and find one or two others looking for a black Evolution Cover...

:thumbsup:

:huh: ..... :o ..... :angry: ..... :realmad: ..... :mellow: .....

:Rockon: ..... :Surfing: