Kb11    0

How hard is it to add a fully intergrated system to my boat and how much would that run me ? estimate ? I have a launch pad pump ubber pump i blieve is the name... I have to fly high sacs and two launch pads do i need a fly high pump for the fly high sacs ? This is until i can run a fully intergrated system

I can't answer your question but have one for you: I have an '08 SV230 (luv it) but seem to be having issues with the Pump System for the Ballasts- they seem to be getting "Vapor Locked" more often than not- this happens when we areon the water (no fun!) and I do not know how to correct it....suggestions, please?

Bigcatpt    408
How hard is it to add a fully intergrated system to my boat and how much would that run me ? estimate ? I have a launch pad pump ubber pump i blieve is the name... I have to fly high sacs and two launch pads do i need a fly high pump for the fly high sacs ? This is until i can run a fully intergrated system

It is not very hard to integrate a ballast system. You can find all the info you need in many different threads here and by asking the right questions. Cost is widely variable and depends on what you want to accomplish.

Are you wanting equal ballast on each side for wakeboarding?

Or are you wanting to surf and need it just on one side at a time?

What size are your current sacs? (size and weight)

Are the Flying High sacs the newer Pro X style sacs with the good fittings or the older style waterbed plug style fittings?

Your uber pump will work on the "quick link" type connectors of the launch pad sacs.

Whether you can use it to fill the FH sacs depends on the fittings of the FH sac. My uber pump came with an adapter that went from the "quick link" fitting to a threaded fitting that has a waterbed type fitting on it. So yes it will work for older style FH fittings. If you have the newer Pro X style fittings then it may be more complicated but maybe still do able.

With 4 sacs you are are gonna want another pump anyway or else its gonna take you forever to fill and drain. Get a tsunami pump and it will connect with the newer style FH fittings.

Answer these questions and then we can give you a ton more help!

Bigcatpt    408
I can't answer your question but have one for you: I have an '08 SV230 (luv it) but seem to be having issues with the Pump System for the Ballasts- they seem to be getting "Vapor Locked" more often than not- this happens when we areon the water (no fun!) and I do not know how to correct it....suggestions, please?

Give us some more info please and we can help.

Is your ballast system a factory installed system?

Are the pumps impeller type or aerator type?

Does it have problems filling or emptying or both?

When you turn the pumps on can you hear them turn on?

Are their sprinkler valves integrated into your system?

Lets start there!

Foiler    1

You probably want to start your own thread because your question really doesn't have anything to do with the original posters questions.

If your system is original, I was told your problem could happen if the filter before the sprinkler valves is pointed down, try pointing it up. I personally had a hard time seeing how this would help but have heard it from a couple pretty good sources.

Kb11    0

Wow thanks for the answers and questions, Yes i wanna do some surfing never done it and i went out and tryed out the bags for the first time wow what a difference, But i only filled up the rear locker 540's i have fly high 405 side sacs coming i think i may just stick with the Tsunami pump because i may sell the boat for an upgrade next summer, my boat is a 2001 elite V what do you think would be a good ballast setup for this boat? i was going to use the 540 in th lockers and sorta postion the 405s front to middle kinda in between, stock ballast is a 225 center tank i believe. What would you do ?