Sign in to follow this  
pennery

Best Rack for Skylon Swoop Tower?

pennery    0

Hey Guys, Just bought a Centurion Enzo SV230 and it doesn't have any racks... It has the Sylon swoop tower and I see most racks for that tower are on the Cross Members... What kind of racks are they and where is the best place to purchase those... Also does anyone have any other rack Recommendations?

Thanks

WakeDoc    471

pennery, congrats on the boat, welcome to the site. Do you have a picture of the boat you can post to give everyone a better idea of what the tower looks like?

WakeDoc    471

Good looking ride.

You sould be able to use just about any clamp type rack on the market, size of the tubing you are mounting on determines what size clamp to get.

srhoffman    0

I have two Skylon racks (both bat racks), On one I have the aftershock mount, on the other I have the Axis mount. I LOVE the axis mount (but it doesn't mount level which my OCD can barely handle) the aftershock can be adjusted so the boards ride level, but it is much harder to close the rack because of the way it pivots and on choppy water the single clamp tends to sag a bit when loaded with wet boards. I've mounted the aftershock on both the cross member and the aft support arm and I think it works best on the latter however gives a little when slamming it closed. when we just had the stationary rack it was great but a balancing act getting boards on and off the rack.

Hope this helps,

Steve

h20king    794

sorry but im fairley shure your tower is not a skylonI think what you have there is a proflight and the tube size is 1 7/8"

pennery    0
sorry but im fairley shure your tower is not a skylonI think what you have there is a proflight and the tube size is 1 7/8"

That is what I was wondering... I didn't take a close enough look at it and it is now all shrink wrapped so I can't even confirm the tower type.. Can someone confirm this for sure? I need to know the Tubing Diameter...

Thanks for all the replies guys.

srhoffman    0

Well..you're tower *looks* like mine...I'm not sure the exact diameter, but I order the 1 7/8" clamps for racks and speakers. It's actually a hair smaller then that but Skylon includes rubber grommets with their clamps and that makes for a nice snug fit! (I'm sure others do too, but I haven't ordered from anyone else...)

Steve