h20king

budget stereo build

LakeSurfer    10
h20king, why didn't you use a free flowing sub instead and cut a hole in your kick pannel instead? I really don't know what the difference is? Help?

Thanks!

This is what I did with a 10" Kicker. It vibrated the kick plate and did not sound that great. I now have WS XXX in a box.

h20king    794

top i went with the kicker ported box because it gives more bass than a closed box or free air sub more boom for the buck if you use the same sub i did i think you will be more than happy

falcon_v    0

I got that same Sub for Christmas and I have not installed it yet. Does it get enough air with the kick panel installed and how does it sound?

h20king    794

gets plenty of air the kick pannel does not seal the area the sub pounds with the sub behind the kick pannel it fills the boat evenly with bass more bass then i want sometimes helps to have remote gain control.I promise you will love it and it fits the void like a glove i am putting 900 watts rms at four ohms to it make shure you give it plenty of power to leave some head room.the reason i run evreything at 4 ohms is because it is stable and does not overheat

Top    0

Thanks for explaining that.... A box is what I'll do!

Spud    7
spud diy wake sells nice cans cheep that will fit the evo tover also i think for you to be happy you will need to buy a 5 channel amp for the boat speakers and sub plus at least a 2 channel amp for the tower.it might be cheaper to use three amps i looked at five channel amps but the ones that put out enoughf power were spendy.Im not shure what IB speakers your boat came with but the skylons did sound great with some extra power i just could not stop, plus the bullets were a good buy and added some extra bling. jmtc.

Thanks, your post inspired me, I have personally heard budget stereos blow $$$$ ones out of the water... I have a 4-way already, I will go three amps as well, sucks my 2-way for my sub took a crap. I like how you mounted yours behind your sub. I heard some components on the lake in Sept so now I will switch to 4 ss-65 comp in boat. Is the Evo and Gladiator same mount specs? I am going to put some Pro80's on the tower (Gladiator) so might have to wait until late or next year. I haven't heard good things about the rubicon 325's for the price compared to the pro's. I will probably do mine early spring when it's nice enough out. After all said and done with tower mounted, I will upgrade my sub from the Fosgate P2.

h20king    794

if your going to spend the $$$$$ on tower speakers the samson or the exile are worth a second look wish i had seen them before I did the light bar speaker combo I would have went that rought but my set up sounds great

Spud    7

But do they have a bracket for the Gladiator Tower? I called multiple places and the only ones who said yes were Skylon and Wet Sounds directly. Time has passed now so maybe more companies do. another route was to have something fabricated if needed, but that would put me up to the WS and Skylon prices.

h20king    794

I think the exile or samson wich are the same thing come with the mount for the evo/gladiator tower built in to the mount so there is nothing extra to buy

Spud    7

Yeah I saw that on the site, I also like how they swivel for when your at the beach or partying... They sound good too? I haven't heard about these yet.

h20king    794

the word is they are the sh*t not only do they swivle they dont show any wires and come off in two seconds.I have heard them and they sound amazeing pluss they have a smaller profile than the wetsounds which also sound amazeing i could just never get past the ugly plastic cans jmtc.Also look twice at the bullet hollowpoint 650hp coax for your IB speakers they are the best coax I have heard. I love mine

Spud    7

I checked out your pics again earlier and like the smoked chrome grill/guard...

Top    0

FYI:

I have a set of Sampson speakers on order. They are back ordered until mid to late March.

h20king    794

top did you try exile they are the same thing they are located about 20min from where i live and had stock last time i checked

Top    0

I went to the boat show and bought them. They gave me a 20% discount so I thought what the heck, I can wait a little bit. Besides that, I'm still buying amps and stuff. LOL

h20king    794

thats a great deal did you get the crome one's?? cant wait to see how they look on the double up

Foiler    1
I went to the boat show and bought them. They gave me a 20% discount so I thought what the heck, I can wait a little bit. Besides that, I'm still buying amps and stuff. LOL

You did good!! I love those speakers. If money was no object they would be my speaker of choice for sure. At 20% off that would be a great deal.

Top    0

I got the black and chrome because it will match my black and chrome racks. I look forward to get them and do the stereo install!