h20king

budget stereo build

h20king    794

Well here it is for anyone wanting some serious sound for cheap. For a head unit i used the sony cdx gt930ui it has front, rear, and sub out, also has aux input plus a usb input and is an i pod controler, you can find one on e-bay for $179.99. I tied the deck to three Power Acoustic Gothic amps. I used the ovn4-1600 four channel for the four interior speakers 150 watts rms x 4 at 4 ohms $124.99. For the tower I used the ovn2 2ch amp 150 watts rms x2 at 4 ohms $ 79.95. And for the sub I used the ovn2 2200 watts 900 watts rms bridged at 4 ohms $142.95. I bought the amps on e-bay from seller, audio savings. Also while on e-bay I bought a winged light bar speaker can combo for $369.00 from pyramidmfg1. I loaded the two 6 1/2"cans with bullet lines hlcd's $185.00. For interior speakers I bought four bullet 650hp coax to replace the factory skylon's $344.00. I used a power acoustics 5 farad digital capacitor to distribuite power to the amps $89.00. And for a sub I bought a kicker cvx12 in a kicker ported box at my local stereo store for $190.00.I mounted the four channel, 2 channel and cap inside pasenger compartment.They fit perfect.the sub amp was mounted in the void in front of the driver below the heater once again a perfect fit.I then put the 12" ported sub in the void with the port faceing inboard and the wofer firing at the driver,yep you guessed it a perfect fit.I re ran the heater hose to come over the top of the kick panel and trimed the factory heater vent to fit flush with the board.Also i ran the tower amp remote turn on to a switch on the dash so you can turn off the tower speakers when you want.I know some will say dont use a cap or run at 2 ohms but I am not looking for advice just shareing what i did. This system sounds as good or better than much more expensive systems. Total cost for the entire system useing the parts I did was $1704.84 you could shave off $344.00 if you reuse the factory interior speakers. :thumbsup:post-777-1264550237_thumb.jpg

Troy    234

Very Nice, Congrats!

jquick    0

looks good, simple and very effective! :thumbsup:

h20king    794

hey joe the bullet 650hp coax sound amazeing I cant believe how good this system sounds it is so loud and clear its more than my ears can take post-777-1264643251_thumb.jpg :thumbsup: here is a pic of them

Top    0

Do you know if there was room to install a sub where your feet go under the helm? I was hoping to install a 12" square sub there......

h20king    794

thats where i put my sub the picture above is without the kick board so you can see the placement of the sub.If you have heat you will have to move the hose but is easy to do I trimed the vent to fit flush on the backl side of the kick panel than ran the hose over the top of the panel.the box i used took all the room if you need mesurements on the box let me know anything bigger will not fit back there

Top    0

I would appreciate messurments of the box if you could provide them? After you placed the sub, did you build a piece of plywood to go around the box and then covered it in carpet? Can I please get a finished pic? How hard does the sub punch?

Thanks!!

I do have a heater too.....

Edited by Top

h20king    794

no problem ill get some mesurements and some more pics second box from the top shows the amp below heater in the void the pic of the sub is before kick panel went back on,notice the gray block on the floor,that is the factory block to mount the kick panell so once evreything is back together it looks stock ie you cant tell it's there.The sub pounds my amp has a remote gain control ill take pictures of that to it is needed to tame it down some it puts out as much bass as you want the ported box works great with the port faceing inboard and the sub firing at the driver it fills the boat evenly with sound.I tried it in the passenger compartment but the sound was not as even pluss i lost a bunch of room

Top    0

If I'm reading this right, the sub is hidden behind the kick pannel then? Any help would be great! Thanks again!

PS: How did you mount the sub bux to the floor?

Edited by Top

h20king    794

you are reading right the sub is hidden behind the kick pannel.ill get the mesurements for you as long as you use the same size box you can run a solo baric square sub if you want with no problems.the sub is a tight fit and did not have to be anchored to the floor factory mounting blocks for the kick pannel hold it in place. Ijust used a couple ss screws and anchored the sub to the blocks before installing the kick pannel

Top    0

I look forward to get the messurements! Thanks!

h20king    794
post-777-1265155228_thumb.jpgpost-777-1265155154_thumb.jpgtop here are the pics of the finished install.If you go to the kicker web sight they give the measurements better than i can I have the kicker vcvr12 and it just fit.after looking at thier sight im shure you could use the 10S10L7 or the 10S10L5 both will fit if you want a 12"sub I think you will have to use a round one. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Spud    7

I like it man, I'm about to do a budget stereo my self, I need a sub, two amps and tower speakers and I am anxious. Good job ! :thumbsup:

h20king    794

spud diy wake sells nice cans cheep that will fit the evo tover also i think for you to be happy you will need to buy a 5 channel amp for the boat speakers and sub plus at least a 2 channel amp for the tower.it might be cheaper to use three amps i looked at five channel amps but the ones that put out enoughf power were spendy.Im not shure what IB speakers your boat came with but the skylons did sound great with some extra power i just could not stop, plus the bullets were a good buy and added some extra bling. jmtc.

Top    0

I'm looking at the Alpine PDX - 4.150 for my cabin speakers, another PDX - 4.150 bridged together for my tower speakers and the Alpine PDX 1.1000 for my sub (depending what sub I go with.

h20king, why didn't you use a free flowing sub instead and cut a hole in your kick pannel instead? I really don't know what the difference is? Help?

Thanks!