islander033    2

I finally got my 2007 elite v c4 wet today for the first time (2 hours on engine now). I have 2 problems.

The first one is that the speedo doesn't work. The paddle wheel spins freely and there are no blown fuses that I can find. I think that the paddle wheel assembly is faulty and will need to be replaced.

The second one (more serious problem) happens when I get over 3000rpm for more than +/-15 seconds. When I do this the dash starts beeping at me and more or less shuts down the engine. I think the engine has a 160F thermostat in it, but the gauge shows +/-175F when at operating temperature. Other than that everything works great.

Could these two items be related? Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks, in advance.

Kevin Baugh    78

175 is correct.

Your engine is going into limp mode because it thinks something is wrong.

Get it back to the dealer ASAP. They should be able to hook it up to the computer to see what

is going on

is your raw water inlet all the way open? at higher rpm the engine draws more water, if the valve is not all the way open ( handle inline with the hose) it could be cooling water starved.

VaBeachBum    0

does the speedo show any reading at all?

If it is reading something, but just way off, you can adjust it with the silver knob thats directly in front of the throttle.

islander033    2

I will check all of the valves for the raw water. The speedo shows nothing at all, but I will monkey with the silver knob infront of the throttle a bit and see if that helps.

Thanks, all.

VaBeachBum    0

Well, if it shows nothing, the knob will most likely not help. It's got a +-10mph adjustment.

My guess is a connection is loose if your paddlewheel is spinning freely.

islander033    2

I dropped it off at the shop this morning. I should have it back in 2 weeks they said. Good thing that is when I'm getting back from work. I will post an update for when it is fixed.

zapisor    43
I dropped it off at the shop this morning. I should have it back in 2 weeks they said. Good thing that is when I'm getting back from work. I will post an update for when it is fixed.

2 weeks without a boat? that is half of an Alberta summer lol

islander033    2
2 weeks without a boat? that is half of an Alberta summer lol

lol, that isn't too far from the truth. The global warming thing just isn't working around here right now.

zapisor    43

Sorry I couldn't resist (I hope I didn't jinx myself) I would be doing back flips if they told me two weeks for repairs on a new boat.

islander033    2
Sorry I couldn't resist (I hope I didn't jinx myself) I would be doing back flips if they told me two weeks for repairs on a new boat.

Don't get me wrong I would have been more excited if I didn't just goto work for +/-2 weeks up in Ft.Mac (almost missed the plane due to dropping off the boat). So it was pretty good timing in that respect.

It better be done when I get home, or else I will be upset.

islander033    2

Update.

I picked the boat up today from the shop after they had it for 16days. The speedo isn't fixed as of yet, they are waiting on parts. I took the boat out for a quick spin and the engine guardian still beeps but it doesn't shut down now. They claim that they couldn't find anything wrong. Even though there must have been a code(s) that would have come up from the previous guardian events.

So it will be going back to the shop yet again.

Kevin Baugh    78

They need to take the boat to the lake with the mercury diagnostic laptop computer hooked up!

SV216    1

I'm dreading taking in my boat more and more everytime I hear from you. 16hrs on boat and now my servo on my perfect pass quit. I took it apart and its obvious moisture got inside of it and seized it up ( I called Perfect Pass before I did this and they said I may be able to get a couple extra weeks out of it if I cleaned it up.). I called Atlantis today to make sure they had a new one in the shop for when I brought my boat in for its 20hr service. I don't feel real confident after the conversation I had with the service department. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, also perfect pass asked if it would be on warranty and if so I could take it to the dealer for replacement or they would ship me a new one. That was impressive, wonder if I should of took them up on it that way I know it would get repaired.

Kevin Baugh    78

If it where me I would just deal with Perfect Pass they will ship you one and it is an easy swap.

Perfect Pass is a great company to work with. They are very helpful and very prompt in sending parts

How do you think it got wet?

zapisor    43
I'm dreading taking in my boat more and more everytime I hear from you. 16hrs on boat and now my servo on my perfect pass quit. I took it apart and its obvious moisture got inside of it and seized it up ( I called Perfect Pass before I did this and they said I may be able to get a couple extra weeks out of it if I cleaned it up.). I called Atlantis today to make sure they had a new one in the shop for when I brought my boat in for its 20hr service. I don't feel real confident after the conversation I had with the service department. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, also perfect pass asked if it would be on warranty and if so I could take it to the dealer for replacement or they would ship me a new one. That was impressive, wonder if I should of took them up on it that way I know it would get repaired.

Was that Altantis or Lighthouse marine?

I've been holding back from taking mine in to have a bunch of minor things done simply because I don"t want them to have it for a month. I'm still waiting for my cover, in the interm I have one from a 216 but I can't trailer with it.

SV216    1

I haven't had mine in to any shop yet so I shouldn't be saying anything yet. I'm just preparing for the worst because I bought a boat to use it not sit in the shop. Anyways I'll post my experience when I take it in.

islander033    2
They need to take the boat to the lake with the mercury diagnostic laptop computer hooked up!

That may be what they will have to do, but there is no way that there weren't any codes that showed up from the first critical events for them to go on.

This shop in Sylvan may not get any more of my bussiness once this is all taken care of. I am dreading the 1.5-2.0 hour drive to get to the next nearest shop.

Edited by islander033

Kevin Baugh    78

That is not actually true I have had things like that happen in both cars and boats a problem occurs but the computer does not flag it for some. Reason..... Good luck

zapisor    43

I don't know what the answer is. Owning a dealership and trying to attract mechanics must be tough in Alberta with the labour shortage. Atlantis now has a shop manager and I was promised when I bought this boat this spring that things would be better ( I bought a boat last spring from Shipwreck and things didn't go well). You could try Wizard Lake Marine (malibu) they are great people but I'm sure they need to take care of thier customers first. One other option is there is a PCM mechanic at Shalom Park (waterski park by Devon) that does all the work on Tige's for Hyperactive Watersports.